Any vets among the Audiophiles here?

With the anniversary of D-Day, and Flag day taking place recently there has been a lot of thought given to the people who fought and in many cases died to our freedom. I don't just mean in the US.

Keeping those things in mind I was wondering if we have any vets here. I know Slappy was in the service, and look what it did to him!!!: ) I don't know if you want to mention it here, but I want to take a moment to thank you for the service you provided to your country.

All of the freedoms we have including the chance to simply sit around and listen to music was won for all of us.

Thank You!
128x128nrchy
Currently in Bagram, Afghanistan right now... Browsing the 'Gon for stuff to blow my deployment money on...
Yes, Nam '70-'71. My politics lead me to be outraged that ANY veterans are homeless in this country. FEMA had all those un-used small trailers sitting around doing nothing-why arent they or something like them being GIVEN to vets who served our country??!! I'm not proposing anything so radical as the only people who are considered true citizens are those who served, ala Heinlein in Starship Troopers, but why arent we doing more for our vets? I'm not in the position financially to do a lot, but I do send cigars and magazines over to troops in Iraq and Afghanistan through a community program here. I wrote my Congressman about doing more for the homeless vets, no response.--Mrmitch