Great Customer Service

I just wanted to tell everyone about a great customer service experience I just had. I purchased a gently used Krell KPS30i cd player a few months ago here on Audiogon. A few days ago while changing cd's I dropped and broke the magnetic clamp that hold cd's in place. I emailed Krell inquiring about buying a replacement clamp, they promptly emailed me back saying they were looking into the availability and price of another clamp. Well today I get an email from them saying they have a clamp and would be mailing it to me free of charge immediately. Keep in mind I am the second owner and this unit is far out of warranty. I think this is a great example of a company going above and beyond. I'm not a big solid state guy and I've never owned anything by Krell before, but I would certainly consider them in the future based on this. I know they get bashed a lot, and hey if you don't like the way something sounds you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but customer service like this can't be faulted.
128x128jond
I've had two experiences with Krell on equipment I bought used - both times the service was exemplary. Quick turnaround, worked perfectly, little or no cost to me. Coupled with liking Krell amps a great deal, I'm not surprised Krell is an industry leader.
Jzzmn88....haven't you noticed that ML has ceased its operations in CT and previous to that, they seem to be having timely delivery issues with repair gear. Although ML and other great manufacturers can claim state of the art in many aspects of sound reproduction, as long as they are working reliably, once they take the path of becoming more "efficient"...there is not turning back. ML is one of the major manufacturers that have taken this path...People will defend their gear, if they have ML, but after these announcements, I think Agoners are unloading their MLs quietly.

PS: No world class manufacturer can claim that position unless they back their gear with as great or better after sale services, as their reputation allows.
Sonic Frontiers has my vote!
I had a problem with my SFP-1 signature phono stage as it was going into mute when in opperation so I sent unit to SF and they found the problem with some solder joints and caps, they fixed and shipped back to me at no charge, WOW!! I'm not the original owner and it's 3 years out of warrantee. My down time was only 14 days I say that's pretty good considering I'm in California and the unit was shipped to Canada. Much thanks to Frank and the gang at SF!!!!!