Opinion on Buena Vista social club CD?

Is there more versions? Ferrer, Cooder? Or it is only one? Godd sounding? Thanks
tinfoil26929
The Buena Vista guys & gals were originally presented as the AFRO CUBANO ALL STARS. The first CD came out in 1997 ... entitled "A Toda Cuba Le Gusta" (1997) and the second CD came out last year entitled "Distinto Diferente" (2000) ... both on the Nonesuch label. A Toda Cuba Le Gusta is still my favorite of the 10 or so Buena Vista like CD's out there. Try to see them live.
Just saw them live in Boston. Very entertaining, especially for a group of septu and octogenarians! or is it novagenerian? Anyway, there's also a film (now on video) by the same title of BVSC, Spanish with subtitles. It is a great film because it shares the lives and history of the music and Cuban culture.
the bvsc video actually has a wery decent soundtrack - this would be good to see/hear on a nice h-t set-up. ewe can really hear the venue where the recordings take place - like where ruben gonzales is in that huge old mansion (palace?) playing the piano, while the students are taking ballet class... cool movie, fantastic music!
Oops, a small correction to my 1-5 post. Ruben Gonzales' CD is not "solo." I meant to say his first CD under his name. Anyway, his playing is vigorous, refreshing and beautiful.
I love this Cooder cd as well. On the advice of another member, Issabre, on another post, I purchased Juan-Carlos Formell's "Songs From a Little Blue House." Good advice! It is very, very good. It is available from Columbia House, as well, and can be previewed there. Charlie.