Mozart's Requiem- Best recording on CD

I'm looking for an excellant recording of Mozart's Requiem on CD. There are tons of available, but which ones are recorded well? Any recommendations?
ivory1
At full price on Harmonia Mundi label we have Herreweghe using "period instruments", 2nd choice here probably is Gardiner on Phillips. At budget level Hickox on Virgin Ultraviolet label is probably best value, performance also near best available.......Karajan fans also like his 1987 digital performance on DG Gold label........I would go for Hickox/Virgin as best choice sound/performance/cost, Sam
I think i mentioned once, on one of these threads. mOZART "REQUIEM" on Deutsche Grammophon, performed by Berliner Philharmoniker, dircted by Claudio Abbado. Karita Mattila, Rachel Harnisch soprano..etc Performance(1999) was so far THE BEST i heard. And sound, surpasses any Lp record i had (including Karajan). This is the first time i had to give "thumbs-up" to CD, over the analog. SUPERB!
I've heard a lot (most) of them. I sing in a professional choir. This makes me very picky. My choice is Philips# 411 420-2 - Peter Schreier conducting Leipzig Radio Chorus and Dresden State Orchestra. Best balance between chorus and orchestra I've heard. Sounds very natural like you are sitting in the hall. Mozart was German, so you hear the true German pronounced latin. Soloist all great: Margaret Price (Soprano); Trudeliese Schmitdt (Mezzo); Francisco Araiza (Tenor); Theo Adam (Bass)
PS: The Peter Scheier recording is a Gramaphone Magazine "Desert Island Choice". Which means if you were stranded on a desert island, could only have one CD, and never be able to get another one, this one would be a good choice.
The Scheier and the Gardiner mentioned are also the recommended recordings in the National Public Radio Performance Today Basic Record Library. Since the Scheier is modern instruments and the Gardiner original instruments, get them both !!! The Scheier is from 1983 and since it is still currently in print sais something, considering all the recordings that have been made.