Best female vocals on CD

Want recommendations for Female recordings on CD. Thanks Joe
jwstannese647
If you love Female Jazz Vocals check out Lorraine Feather. www.lorrainefeather.com She has a new album out called Ages, with great reviews, which I haven't heard yet. My favorite so far is her album called Dooji Wooji. Lorraine has an amazing way with lyrics and knows how to turn a phrase. Her voice is powerful and extremely beautiful voice. Just an amazing talent. I highly recommend her to anyone who really loves female jazz vocals.
Ella Fitzgerald-All time greatest. Anita O'Day. Sarah Vaughn. Deborah Voigt. Dame Joan Sutherland. Maria Callas. Leontyne Price.
All good choices Craig...though of these Ella is my favorite, followed by Sassy Sarah.
A newer one to look into is Melody Gardot, I've mentioned her on A'Gon before...let us know what you think.

Larry
Although this might be an acquired taste, I think Holly Cole's Temptation CD from the mid 90's is really great. Spare production, good sonics and engaging interpretations of some of Tom Wait's best material.
I gotta go with the Holly Cole citation. There are some tracks I have that are absolutely wonderful.