Best female vocals on CD

Want recommendations for Female recordings on CD. Thanks Joe
jwstannese647
I would have to agree w/ the other people submitting Over The Rhine's Karin Bergquist/Detweiller. The latest called Drunkard's Prayer is recorded in such an intimate way. It is like you sitting in the parlor and they are playing right there. Karin's voice is sincere, and pure w/ a great range.
One of my current favorites is Louise Taylor. Her most recent CD "Written In Red" has fabulous sound, complex soundstage, dynamic instrumental passages, and very expressive vocals. Try to listen for her inhale at the end of the title cut.
Holly Cole has the voice and original style, try: "Temptation" (Tom Waits songs), or "It Happened One Night".
Tracie de Jong from New Zealand

She's way better than most I have heard raved about.
She has 3 CD's.
"Turning In" is my favourite.
You can hear them all and view lyrics at:
http://www.traciedejong.com/
Just purchased this CD on a whim after having heard just short samples on Amazon. Manu Katche's Neighborhood w/ Tomaz Stanko & Jan Garbarek. Simply amazing music. So moody, so intricate, never a boring moment ...At the end of the day, it makes me realize all the effort and good results from working on one's sytem to improve sound quality, pales in comparison to the sheer joy of musical discovery. May it always be.