Best female vocals on CD

Want recommendations for Female recordings on CD. Thanks Joe
jwstannese647
I have discovered one of the most beautiful female vocalist by accident while visiting my native country, Korea. The artist name is Lee Soo Young. She might be in her late 20s, and since her surfacing back in 1998, have made quite a ripple in the music scene with very well orchestrated ballads and excellent videos. Of course, most of the lyrics are in her native language, but the instrumentation and orchestration of several of her songs leaves nothing to be desired. There are at least 5-6 albums beginning with her first one. Nevertheless, the one that has a very good track is NEVER AGAIN, her second release. Track# 17...."When one's love passes by" is simply a killer. Furthermore, her 4.5 CD release, a special double CD feature is almost like the greatest hits called SWEET HOLIDAY IN LOMBOK, also have a copillation of her best songs. My favorite is MADE IN WINTER, a 2002 release. How can I describe her voice? It is very sweet, not low like Diana Krall, whose later recordings I find a fairly bit overdone, overcook, shall I say with enhancements (echos, delay etc...), she has a middle upper range voice, although some songs can sound a little underdone, through her songs, LEE SOO YOUNG really has a gift of making you feel the emotions through each and every stanza of her ballads. I once liked Sarah Brightman, but now, there is a new vocal queen on my CD transport, ms. Lee Soo Young.

PS: Although her records are difficult to locate, unless you are in a major city in either coasts or in Chicago, if you want to get a hold of any one of her CD, they are available and at a very good price at [http://www.YESASIA.com...]...her page link is [http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/pid-1002469123/aid-989/section-music/code-k/]....is a link to her "Sweet Holiday in Limbuk." I have ordered almost ALL her albums two weeks ago. Now I have my fix of LEE SOO YOUNG for the forseable future.

PAUL
For goose bumps, I always turn to: Jenna Mammina "meant to be" and "under the influence" (available at www.jennamammina.com), Kiki dee "almost naked" live, and Eva Cassidy "songbird".
Yes, yes, Jenna Mammina is truly great! If you like Norah Jones then you should hear Jenna who does it better, much better! It's a pity that she isn't better known. She deserves to sell as many discs as Norah. Go to her website and listen to a few tunes
I just can't believe no one has mentioned Jane Siberry! If caramel had a sound, this would be it. Try the Cd's 'Maria' or 'When I was a boy'.
She's been dead for years but I loved Patsy Cline's music. I also think Norah Jones, Joan Armatrading, and Nina Simone are great, along with some of the older blues/jazz singers like Billie Holliday, Keely Smith, Gogi Grant.