Best female vocals on CD

Want recommendations for Female recordings on CD. Thanks Joe
jwstannese647
SARAH HARMER: the NY Times Best CD of 2000!

Sarah Harmer is a Canadian singer-songwriter whose style is acoustic-pop-folk-roots, with shades of Nancy Griffiths, Joni Mitchell, Natalie Merchant...
Her CD is called "You Were Here", and got raves from Rolling Stone, Billboard, and was on the TIME magazine 10-best list.
I saw her live on Friday night, and I must say her voice is a miracle!
Edorr, I listened to Rachelle Ferrell and was NOT impressed, sorry. Paulwp, Eva Cassidy is a delight! She died in her 30's, though, so we are limited to the 3 CD available. The live one is the best, I suggest, since the variety is wide and delicious. Noe Eva has a voice clear and with emotion, which can be recommended as a "BFV on CD" listing. That's different from average voices which one just happens to like.....ok, I've listed a few.
Stereokarter, there are five Eva Cassidy cds, not counting the very latest, which should be ignored. "The Other Side" with Chuck Brown, "Live at Blues Alley," "Eva By Heart," "Songbird" - a compilation from the previous three, and "Time After Time," the last good one. I'm guesing you don't have The Other Side. Get it.

About your comment on someone else's favorite. There was a mention above, of a singer whose name I wont mention now because I dont want to criticize anyone's taste in music or performers, when I saw her name I had to grit my teeth and restrain myself from SHOUTING "RIDICULOUS." Now, you were polite (and you're certainly not going to get any negatives from me), but I still think we should keep threads like these reserved for positive recommendations, and refrain from disagreeing with each other.

Have fun.
just searched this thread for 'gilberto'. only came up with bebel gilberto (who i also highly recommend), but what about mom: astrud gilberto?