What is your favorite Wagner’s “Ring”?

There were so many conductors in the past attended Bayreuth and performed “The Ring of Nibelungen”.

Please advise your favorite performance and recording.

Thanks in advance.

Otto
yu11375
There is no shortage of good recordings of Wagner's Ring, and no shortage of differing opinions on whose is best. For a good, detailed weighing of the merits and failings of various versions, see The Metropolitan Opera Guide to Recorded Opera, edited by Paul Gruber, Norton, 1993, 782 pages. I have parts or highlights of several versions, but the one I think is indispensable is the Solti/Vienna Philharmonic one on Decca/London. It happens to be the best-sounding one too.
How about performances by Bohm or Boulez?

Any one? Any input?

Happy Listening.

Otto
Other performances I would recommend include the Bohm lives ones from Bayreuth in the late 1960s on Philips, which have the advantage of the last great Brunnhilde, Birgit Nilsson, (she's the Brunnhilde for Solti as well), and the von Karajan/Berlin Philharmonic ones on DGG which have fine orchestral playing but some odd casting (i.e., it's something of a synthetic, hothouse production in that some of its singers can handle their parts in the recording studio but probably not in the theater).