What's your latest "Discovery"

You know when you buy a new album and it just clicks?! And then you have to play it rather frequently in the mix over and over for the next several days....What's the last album's you bought that really clicked for you?

I just picked up a Jazz trio album that is just a wonderful recording and performance:

It's called "Achirana" on ECM (that label seems to have a lot of great discs!). Vassilis Tsabroplulos, Piano. Arild Andersen, Double-Bass. John Marshall, Drums. Love the 5th cut! That double bass is right there in the room!

Also been enjoying a new classical guitar disc: Julian Bream, "The Ultimate Guitar Collection" on BMG. Great double-disc set. Not that crazy about the recording on this one, but the performance and breadth of the tapestry of work on those two CD's is remarkable.

Any new "discoveries" to share?
jax2
Iva Bitova on "Mater"
Mariam Matossian on "In the Light"
Tartit on "Ichichila"
Szaloki Agi on "Hallgato" (Lament)
Nynke Laverman on "De Maisfrou"
Teresa Salgueiro on "Obrogado"

These are my new discoveries for 2007.
They are on my CDP pretty often - and while foreign, most people who hear them say "Wow! where did you find that?"
I just heard Emi Fujita on the Best Audiophile Voices series...I really like her voice. Another one is Salena Jones. If you like female vocals both of these artists are worth checking out.
BETHANY AND RUFUS - 900 MILES

I saw Bethany Yarrow, daughter of Peter Yarrow of Peter Paul and Mary, at the Canmore Folk Festiful yesterday was blown away. Bethany's mesmerizing and comanding voice blends seamlessly with the cello playing of Rufus to make a unique and powerful folk album with some Jazz elements. I've listened to their CD (900 Miles) 4x's today. Reminds of the first time I listened to Margo Timmims on the Trinity Session.
Two albums that rock from Down Under: Midnight Oil "Earth and Sun and Moon" and Paul Kelly "Live at the Continental".
Here's 6:41 o' fun if you dig Latin jazz: Go to young pianist Alex Brown's website and check out his composition "The Wrong Jacket", a positively infectious, multi-tempoed, acoustic bass/drums+percussion/electric piano workout (you can preview it in lo-fi, and the hi-fi download don't sound bad thru the big rig, but it's not yet released on CD).