Theta Dreadnaught as a two channel amp

Has anyone compared the Theta Dreadnaught (I or II) as a stereo amp to other dedicated two-channel/stereo power amps from McIntosh, Krell, Levinson, BAT, Classe, Pass Labs...and so on?

In particular with current demanding speakers (low impedance).

I am just wondering if because the power supply is designed for five channels, that it might be a good two channel amp, especially since the next offering up the Theta line is over $10K.
dbld
I stepped back from an Ayre V5xe for technical match problems with my Aesthetix Calypso-hum! I picked up a Theta Dreadnaught I 2-ch and couldn't be happier with it. It's a little more solid sounding than the Ayre but not quite as holographic through the mids but with a better bottom and more open and extended highs. It is certainly one of the better sounding amps out there.
If you can pick up a copy of Richard Hardesty's "Audio Perfectionist Journal," he compares the Dread to the Dread II and also the Ayre. He thought the Dread I better for music and the Dread II better for HT. He sold his Levinson 33H's for a 4-ch Dreadnaught I to biamp with. He has since switched to the Citadels.
I recently bought a Dreadnaught I three channel here on AgoN. Although I originally wanted it for all my surrounds and center, I am going to try to demo some nice big high-end two channel amps to compare. Build quality seems top notch, and it would be really nice to have the same amp drive everything, even if it means two of the same amps.

For now, I am waiting on spade ends for my speaker wires [currently all bananas]...I am going nuts [or is it bananas]!
The Theta Dreadnought 1 or 2 is excellent. The only amp in the $4k and under price range that can smoke it is the BEL Mk IV or Mk V amp. (Then again, the BEL smokes most things...) For the money you can't lose. However, if you can find a BEL used (Mk IV or Mk V only) then jump on it.
Good luck!
Mikej,

Why used? Even new the BELs' are in the same price range as the Dreads'. Unless of course BEL is no longer and going used is the only option. Is this the case?
Hi,

BEL is still in business. The new models are still $3,895. I was thinking that a used Dreadnought I would be significantly less than that. A new Mk V is simply the best I've ever heard so I'd certainly recommend it.

Cheers,
Michael