Whats a good inexpensive passive pre

I am looking at possibly getting a pair of Quad pro speakers with amps built into each speaker and was wondering if there was any inexpensive passive pre out there $600 or less... Monolithic makes one and so does creek and Luminious Axiom pre......Any others...
thomasahelton
The McCormack TLC-1 is very transparent & is certainly inexpensive; try to find a TLC-1 Deluxe if possible - there are even some out there with remote control. Passive & buffered-active outputs are both included.

those budget models from Creek & Adcom are only worth their low price & for good reason (-:
If the built-in amps input impedance is high enough for a passive to avoid limiting dynamics, then I would have to second the Axiom reccomendation.
If you just want to get your feet wet...get a Luminous Axiom for $150....even less if you buy used. At that price, you have no risk. I've owned a couple of Lumninous Axioms and they performed quite well.

I bought a Placette and it bested the Luminous Axiom. But, the Luminous Axiom was no slouch by any means.
Here are my two cents worth for the Placette RVC. System matching--finding that synergy of compnents--is most important here.

My RVC has worked not-so-well with some of my set-ups; it has worked, is is currecntly, with other set-ups.

I have never had a desire to sell it. I know that it is an outstanding passive.
Very impressive performance with my EVS Ultimate Attenuators from Ric Schultz of tweakaudio.com, whose bare bones website hardly does justice to his superb products, and modifications.
You eliminate need for a pair of interconnects, because these insert directly into the amp input jacks. So, $350 gets the job done.
Highly recommendable for a single source, perfectionist, simple signal path system, but you still have to get up from your listening chair (?audiophile aerobics) to adjust the volume controls.