Mirage OMD-15 Carpet/Isolation Spikes

Got a great deal on OMD-15 speakers but they do not have the carpet spikes with them. Does anyone know where I can get an original set of these before I go and get generic spikes. Help is greatly appreciated
decibob
The ones that Mirage gives you are nothing special, and are most likely generic themselves. If you live in Canada, try API. If you are in the US, Cable Company will have something for you.
Have you tried contacting Mirage?

Ebay is always an option once you know the thread dimensions.
I owned OMD-15s for five years. I wouldn't call their spikes generic. They came with the speakers and didn't look particularly like any aftermarket ones I've seen.

However, I'm not sure what the thread size is, and that's the most important part. I still have a pair of 1995 Mirage M5si's, and the spikes have 1/4" threads.

Klipsch bought API 9 years ago and started dismantling parts of it (e.g., Athena) immediately. 4-1/2 years after that (Feb. 2011), Audiovox bought the Klipsch Group and then they *really* finished off Mirage and took their Omniguide and whored it out to Jamo for a compact "lifestyle" satellite speaker. Spare parts are now leftover new old stock.

Here is the Klipsch Customer Service contact page. You may be able to find out the thread size, and maybe even get a set of spikes, but don't count on it. They took the last of the Mirage products out of production 4-5 years ago.

Parts Express carries several Dayton Audio spike kits here, but again, I don't know if the thread size is compatible.

If I had it to do over again, I would have gotten outriggers from Soundocity. It is difficult to get the spikes to pierce the carpet with Mirage's standard spike arrangement, and it is also tippy on thick carpet. Outriggers would solve both problems by widening the stance and exposing the spikes so you can step on them to punch through the carpet and pad to the floor beneath.