Question for First Sound Owners

I currently have a first sound deluxe mkII. I'm thinking of replacing my Jadis DA-8 amp. I recently tried a conrad johnson amp and they did not match. The sound was congested and lifeless. I have heard the CJ amp sounding good so I guess this is more of a matching issue. In this regard, i'd like to know what amps you guys are using so i can avoid purchasing something that will not match the FS. TIA.
eps
Just one more idea that hasn't yet been mentioned which is to check the input impedance on the CJ amp . . . The output impedance of the FS is rather high and if my memory is correct it is about 1700 ohms. So using a rule of thumb between preamp output impedance and amp input impedance of 50:1 or even better yet 100:1 then your CJ input impedance would need to be 85K or 170K respectively.

I have used VTL ST-150 with an input impedance of 100K ohms and currently an Art Audio PX25 amp with great results.
usually, if the input impedance of the next stage/piece of gear is 10X the output impedance of the previous stage/piece of gear, it is sufficient. So, if the CJ amp has about 20K Ohms input impedance, it *should* be OK in that it should not load down the preamp o/p stage.
The reason for the lifeless sound for the FS-CJ combination could have been something else besides impedance mismatch.
Eps, your orig post has no text supporting an impedance mis-match - you merely state that it's likely a mismatch issue. How did you conclude it was an impedance mis-match?