Supratek Tubes and Tube Swappin' for Everybody

I will have a Supratek Chenin in my set up in a day or so. Since so many folks are rolling tubes around here I was hoping to garner a comprehensive list of everybodies favorite tube compliments. Be it NOS or NIB or WLATB (Whatever's layin around the basement)
Being that the "Deal of the Century" thread is a little more like a novel I figured this would be a good place to post questions and answers related to one subject of Supratek amps and pres.
On to the subject of me. I don't have immediate plans to swap tubes as I've figured that Mr. Maloney would supply us with something listenable for the break in period. But, since so many have reported such dramatic improvments I want to ask this question:
What is your favorite compliment for quietest gain and dynamics in the phono stage?
I will be using the Chenin exclusively for vinyl ( I don't have a CD player) and listen to loads of early rock and roll and Jazz bands, smaller jazz bands mostly, quartets and quintets. Some classical, the usual Beethoven and Mozart, but usually just a lot of loud garage rock.
Ok, now lets see what happens.
mc5baby
Wc65mustang....Thanks for the heads up on the Siemens 7308 replacement for the 6922 position. I will check with Brendan and see what he might have on hand. I might even get them cryoed.
David..... Thanks for the information on the Russian 6h30. Any idea as to where I might pick up another pair? I would like to see what cryoing them might do for the sonics. You never cease to amaze me with your tube knowledge and willingness to share....
Thanks & Best Regards,
Larry
Hi Larry. Did you get yourself a Grange too? The partsconnexion.com up here in Canada sells the 6n30 as well as many nos tubes including the siemens ecc88's. Chris Johnson is the former founder and president of the now defunct Sonic Frontiers.A good guy and I think he provides a service for cryo'ing tubes as well.
I am assuming the Supratek can handle the 6H30. While often touted as a 6922 variant, it really is a much more demanding tube and should never be substituted into a 6922 application (though it's often safe to sub 6922 in place of gear designed for 6H30).

The 6H30 you should seek out is the 6H30P-DR. It's the premium version of this soviet tube, built with much better parts and tighter specifications. thetubestore.com has them in stock last time I checked.
David,
I received my Grange last February and love it. I had swapped out all of the tubes except for the Regulator position (just did not get around to it until now).
I am waiting to see what luck other people have with their upgrades before attempting any changes of caps or adding a stepped attenuator.
I will probably pick up a pair of 6h30's and have them cryoed to see how they fare vs. the stock Sovtek's that came with the Grange.
Thanks again & Best Regards,
Larry
Wc65mustang,
Have you had a chance to compare the 300B's to your PX4's yet ? I am curious to hear if getting a pair of 300b's is worth the effort.
Rgds,
Larry