Lavardin IS Reference or IT - anyone heard?

The Lavardin integrateds have been the subject of several strong reviews and only recently found North American distribution. Has anyone heard them and had a chance to compare with other high quality integrateds? The reviews hit all the right buttons for me; fully musical and detailed at low volume, approaching the air and resonance of good tubes etc. Any experience out there?
panderso
I've heard the whole Lavardin line, my local dealer is the importer/distributor. It's quite good, I'd rank it above the Plinius integrateds (which he also has), and definitely a cut above the (Spark/Cayin) Prima Luna. The ASL Leyla is nice, as I love the 845 tube, but the Lavardin is better made, and quieter (no hum). Sim, Edge - they seem to spend a lot of $ on the casework, probably less on the internals. Lavardin seems to be the other way around, and they have been doing it a LOT longer than edge/sim from what I can tell. Worth a listen, IMNSHO.

-Ed
Ed Sawyer, I like the 845 as well. How would the Lavardin compare to an 845 SET (roughly speaking). In case one ever had to move away from tubes for child safety reasons.
Budrew, perhaps you should get your tubes tied!

Seriously, thanks for the input Ed, Phil, Budrew.
I own the IS reference and use them with Devore Gibbon 8's and currently using an Ayre CX-7e as a front end(also considering the RA Opus 21).

The lavardin replaced a pair of welborne drd 300b' mono's and a Korneff pre. It goes without saying that you lose some of the harmnic warmth of the 300b(the welbornes are fairly clean btw), but I picked up an octave of bass, pace, and finer detail. The music lifted off the speakers and just flows. Similar in feeling to my PS Audio HCA-2, but better at low volumes, and clearer.

Pretty much a no brainer if you can find one used as they sell VERY quickly when they come up.

My only nit to pick - lack of remote.