My Rogue 99 needs better isolation...please help.

I'm currently using ceraballs under a Rogue 99 and found them to better the BDR cones that I was using before. Although the microphonics are less pronounced than the BDR cones, I'm curious if a combination of four cork isolation pads under a maple board used in conjunction with the ceraballs would help with the microphonics. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
128x128bradz
I have a Rogue 99mag. and you cannot stop the microphonics of the tubes you are using, unless you remove them. I love Tung Sol round plates but I cannot use them because of the microphonics. I have gingo balls under it and tube coolers on them and still they will be noisy, sell them. Get some Slyvania 6SN7WGT's are your best bet unless you can find some non microphonic round plates (they are the best in it, I think). Randy
Until recently I owned a Rogue 99 Magnum and the best sound it produced was with the following: 2" hard maple shelf on top of Vibrapods with 1"x3/4"x3/4" zebrawood blocks between the maple shelf and the bottom of the 99 chassis (that's the chassis, Not the 99s feet) plus Herbies tube dampers on all four tubes. The biggest changes came with the Maple shelf and zebrawood blocks. In this application the latter were significantly better than BDR cones (either #3s or #4s)or Vibrapods directly under the 99. My wife and I did several evenings of listening comparisons and found that Zebrawood or teak wood sound best - clearer, more vivid, deeper and tighter bass, more effortless presentation. I know it all sounds weird about the wood blocks and I was skeptical even after reading the article in StereoTomes.com regarding electromachanical convergence, but there was a clearly audible difference; not at all subtle. And it is inexpensive to experiment with wood scraps from a woodworking specialty source.
Ezekial had a great sugestion, the Sylvania WGT's. They work pretty good. But, the metal base W's, and the Tungsol round plate black glass are the reigning champs in the Supratek camp. Also the short bottle brown base Sylvania W's. I'm sure you would get the same results in the Rouge.

I imagine these should sound pretty good too, for what they cost. One other brand that I really like but can never find are Toshiba's. I haven't compared the plate structure to others, but they are a GTB with a chrome top. I was extremely surprised at how good they sound and also are as close to noiseless as you can get.

I only use the tube dampers on my phono tubes, but I imagine they should help also.
Thanks again for all of the suggestions! Has anyone tried Herbies feet or the vibration isolation pads from member rcreations? It sounds like Sylvania tubes are the way to go and I'll keep my eye out for them. Jphii- Wow...I couldn't believe how much the tubes went for in the link you provided. What are the sound differences between the Syl wgt's and the Syl w's metal base? The maple base I'm interested in is from www.timbernation.com, but there is also a picture of a sandbox that was made for a customer which looks really nice. Decisions...decisions.
Try Andy @ vintage tube services--www.vintagetubeservices.com. He may have the tube your looking for. I know he did have quite a few 6sn7's at one time. His phone number is listed on the website. Good Listening! Stan