Audio Research Ref 3 Opinions

Anybody heard the new ARC Ref 3? Comments please !! in comparison to the ARC Ref 2 Mk2
soundoc
GREGM, The device under discussion is the Ref 3 (Mark 1). It is highly unlikely that there will ever be a Ref 3 Mark 4. But if you are thinking about a Ref 4 instead, you may want to come back in approximately 4 years to find out how it will sound.
Soundoc, are you saying that the Ref 3 has some of the razor-sharpness and etched in-your-face sound of ampliphiers from Spectral?
I had the opportunity to listen to a friend's ARC Ref 1 preamp. His system was very good: Linn Genki CDP, ARC Ref 1 preamp. ARC PH3 phono stage, Linn Sondek LP12 TT with Linn tonearm & Dynavector 17D cartridge, Symphonic Line Kraft 250 stereo amp & Newform Research R645 speakers.
The ARC Ref 1 was a total disappointment in that system. The sound (for all the very nice electronics) was mediocre at best & left a poor impression of such an expensive preamp. FWIW.
Audio Research has finally added a Ref 3 page to its site. Please see:
http://www.audioresearch.com/reference3.htm
For those with Ref 2 Mk II's who aren't quite ready to trade up yet, here's a suggestion.

I recently swapped out the stock 5AR4 tube in my Ref 2 Mk II for a Gold Lion, and I was blown away by the changes. It added a kind of "immediacy" to the sound that wasn't quite there before, made it much more involving, almost seductive, like you had to tear yourself away from the music. Gold Lions are hard to find, but other NOS tubes may produce similar results. I'm expecting an RCA Black Plate 6L6GC anyday to replace the preamp's stock Svetlana - hoping for still further improvement.

I'd love to hear my "tweaked' Ref 2 Mk II next to a Ref 3, but that's unlikely any time soon.