Tube Amp Suggestions

I have had the audio affliction for about 10 years. I am finally ready to venture into the world of tube amps and would appreciate any ideas my fellow audiophiles might have. My current set up is theta basic II with a camelot uther IV going directly into a pass labs aleph 5 and audio physic virgo II speakers. All wiring is tara labs air 1. Budget is $2,000 to 3,000 new or used.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
sgunther
You gotta feel sorry for Siegfried Linkwitz about now. I bet he never knew he'd have a groupie.
Your insults (which say more about you than me) notwithstanding, hear is SL's reply as I promised:

'I am not sure that I had seen Cheever's thesis, but glancing at it I see that I have been familiar with his observations. I sometimes say that "the first Watt" is most telling about an amplifier's audible performance. It brings out problems due to crossover distortion with its high harmonics and poor feedback designs. This is where tube equipment shines and has its strength, so that it takes very little knowledge to design a decent low power tube amp. It is the area that has given solid-state amps a bad name and makes the design of good ss-amps exceedingly difficult. But it can be done.'
Nighthawk, I must correct you. Didactically IS NOT a groupie. He is a cultist!
How far into name calling will you go before coming up for air and emulate some semblence of maturity, dignity, respect and sanity, anyway.

What you call others says more about you than them. It does not change anyone in any way. Even if they retaliate: push your face in, or worse (which you obviously have no fear of here in the safety of cyberspace) they just demonstrate they are like you already, or worse. You do not make them that way. No one can.

What do you get out of it anyway. What do you 'like' about it, to do it so persistently. Is it anything you can share? In the light of day.

What ever happened to 'audio'? Thankfully youall are a minority here.