Help build my new system

I recently moved to nyc and had to sell off my main system and downsize for a 14x14 room.

I'm having a hard time in nyc auditioning some of my choices:

Mcintosh MA2275 integrated amp (70 watts) w/ Sonus Faber auditors (heard this...sounded EXcellent.) Total cost ~ 7,700 used

47 Labs system using the 40 watt amp w/ humpty, gaincard, chooser etc. Speakers: Konus. Total cost ~4,600 used

Audio Research VSi55 integrated amp with Sonus Faber auditors(if 50 watts of ARC tube power is sufficient for them...is it?) total cost ~ $$5000 used.

I listen to jazz and vocals but also trance, rock and just about anything really.

Thanks for the help.
kublakhan
I really like the 47 labs gear. You should check out High Water Sound 274 water st. No i do not work fo them or have any biastoward them, but jeff is a great guy who has helped me out many a time. My name is Matt van lunen, and those are my 2 cents
I second the choice of 47 Labs gear. I myself am the proud owner of both the Shigaraki integrated and also the Shigaraki transport. I have not tried the Gaincard but I am intrigued by it. I have been following your system developments and choices around Kublakhan and I believe that what you will find in the 47 Labs gear will more than make up for your former Counterpoint hybrid amplification. The speaker choice is different. I have tried the Shigaraki with the older Epos ES11s, two ways, and they sound really rhythmic....Furthermore, I have also driven them with a pair of horn loaded speakers, Fostex fullrange in a pair of low end Zhorn cabinets and they also drove the pair to satisfaction. One think to notice is that there is a difference between the Shigaraki and the Gaincard, the Shigaraki being a little more mellow while the Gaincard is more neutral. Other speakers that I think will give you the palpitations with the 47 Labs gear would be the new Harbeths, the 7s, a pairing that I believe will be a match made in heaven.

There is no better auditioning than doing it in your own place, thus if you are patience, I would think that it would be a worthwhile idea to get yourself an used Gaincard and then, take it around to the dealers that have the speakers that catch your interest. If you do not like the Gaincard, you can always sell it back without much hassle or loss.

Another thing to note, the 47 Labs switchbox is not a biggie, I myself have a Final Laboratories Music 5 battery powered preamp and have never found myself using all 3 inputs to their fullest extent. Most of the time you will use only one input...and the Gaincard is a great piece that is minimal.

PS: With the Shigaraki, you do not need a switchbox, it already has 3 input connections. I have two systems set up, one a Shigaraki with Epos ES11 and another system with the Fostex and the Final Music 5 and 6 battery powered amplifiers.