ARC 100.2 Enough power for Proac 3.8

I am looking for a power amp with plenty of grunt to drive a pair of Proac 3.8's.
Currently they are being driven with an Ayre V-5x which has been kindly lent to me by a friend. It sounds gorgeous by the way, but could use a bit more "slam" in the bottom end. It's damn close to perfect though.
The catch is that I can't afford one of those beasts and have read good things about the 100.2 from ARC. Could this be the beast I am looking for or do I need more power. The Ayre is 150watts and the ARC is 100watts but apparently belies it's output rating. A VT100mkII is also tempting but I'm not so sure about the tube approach.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
alun
I use a 100.2 going into Magnepan 1.6's which are very inefficient (86db). The amp has no problems at all. (However, my ARC D-130 did have some troubles.) The 100.2 is a very good amp. You shouldn't have any problems with your Proac's.
I once powered my old Proac 2.5s with a VT100. I thought they were an exceptional combination, but would not go overly loud. Very detailed, open, natural sounding. I bought the same drivers for use in my truck. I believe they could have used a bit more power.

I once considered the 3.8s. How sensitive are they. I see the new D38 is 90db, and the D25 88 db.

If you listen at moderate to semi loud levels, I bet 100 watts would be just fine.

Good luck
Find a ARC D400 MKII amp, control and musical 200 watts! this was a $6k new amp that sells for $2000 and it is amazing!