Otl's with AvantGarde Duos?

I am driving my Duos with Wavelength's Venus. Not entirely satisfied ( to lean?) i am considering going for more power (15-30watts). Would like to have some feedback with OTLs & the AvantGarde.
wham1000
As I said, I am afraid that Atmosphere really does not understand this technology at all. There are no Audio output transformers or Solid state audio output devices in the ZH-270, NONE.

I am sure your expertise is in OTL's but the ZH-270 is again way beyond that simple terminology.

It's simply a way better design than normal OTL designs of the past.
Allanbhaganinfo, you seriously don't get it, do you?

And Ralph was being so polite...
It seems to me the primary goal of an OTL is to eliminate hysteresis loss and bandwidth limiting imposed by output transformers. Since David Berning's patent is about another approach to achieve that goal, may I suggest that the results are all that count. In the conventional sense Ralph is right, but it may be irrelevant if someone is able to invent a better mousetrap - but that's not to say the other is. An amplifier with zero hysteresis loss between the output tubes and the binding posts by virtue of no iron in the signal path and no output transformation in the audio band can, in a practical sense, be considered to be output transformerless due to the same benefits it delivers. Just my opinion, sprinkle liberally with salt, film at eleven, etc. Bottom line, use your ears to see which you prefer. Both are outstanding amplifiers.

Brian
Rushton, sorry but you are right, I don't get it!

Please explain.

I was equally polite in showing Ralph that he's not right in his terminology of the Berning design.

There is much, much more to it than that.
Essentialaudio, yes, exactly but again it's even more complicated than that because there is no such thing as a Zero Hysteresis Audio bandwidth output transformer, if Dave invented such a thing, he would instantly be rich :)

It's not an Audio output transformer, there are lots of transformers in the Berning design but none are Audio bandwidth output transformers.

It's certainly nowhere close to a conventional OTL, which is what should be said and correct but not that it has output transformers and Semiconductor outputs, which is not true.