Rhodium vs Gold AC connectors

Hi dear fellows.Does anybody tried these type of connectors in power cords?In my case I don`t know which could be the differences in sound performances between them.I heard that rhodium connectors have more extended hights frequences , more airy and fluid than gold connectors, but also that they can produce a non-lively sound, with too much control.Regarding Gold connectors I red that they produce a warmer sound, specially in the mids, but with not so much detail as rhodium.Is it true?I will appreciate your comments to make a proper decision.Thanks in advance!Raf
rafael0054
Furutech also makes AC fuses, did not like them at all. I really love what the Oyaide R1 duplex AC plugs do in my system.
There are no absolutes. All I know is that the gold did not work in my system.
At another thread here at Audiogon we have discussed the wall A/C receptacles.
One wants to remember that the Synergistic Research outlet's sound is a result of the combination of the metals used in construction and the Quantum Tunneling process that Synergistic applies to the outlet.
My system uses a mixture of Synergistic and the mentioned Furutech outlets.
The biggest stumbling block to using the Furutech outlets is no one I know of sells them with a 30 day trial.
Synergistic Research does have a 30 day trial to allow you to see if the outlet works in your system.
Davidpritchard,

I think it is best to leave preconceived notions at the door when it comes to inlets and outlets. I was actually surprised that the Furutech was a dud in my power regenerator. I think what this discussion shows is that there are really no rules to go by -- only what our ears tell us.
How much cost the US retail price for Oyaides R1 ?
i have 10 unit for sale
Thanks