Favorite H H Scott Tube Integrated Amplifier

I just purchased an H H Scott 222c integrated amplifier on these very pages. Wow, it is hard to believe that this thing was built in the early 1960's. Using it to drive Rogers LS 3/5a's, the palpability and realism on vocals and lead instruments can be startling at times. It totally blew away some highly regarded solid state gear I was using previously.

H H Scott made other integrated amps with different features, transformers, output tubes and power ratings. I am interested in hearing about other people's experiences with this and other models. I think that this gear is very under-rated, and can stand up favorably to many more expensive modern efforts. Do others agree?
johnnybgoode
gotta say it..what you have is a classic system, many others will go to the poorhouse searching for the music that your system will consistantly deliver. never sell either.
I had a scott 299c it was the best sounding amp I ever had that intergrated amp had magic. I used it on KHORNS and LASCALAS sweet midrange and punchy midbass just like you hear at a live jazz club, also had I belive it was a scott labortory 290 with el34 tubes it was just the amp did not have the magic of the 299c but maybe if i had a good scott preamp in front of it would
There are plenty of good tube amps and preamps in the golden 60s era. The original stock Scott integrated are one of the best integrated amp in that era.
Thanks for the informative responses. Output tubes on the Scott 222c are 7189a's. Some reviewers say that this family of tubes (6BQ5 / EL84 / 7189 / 7189a ), while not high power, is exceptionally musical. I think that the early Beatles' Vox amplifiers used 6BQ5's. I wonder if output tubes are just a personal preference, and if some of the more powerful Scott integrated amps using 7591's, 6CA7's, or KT-66's are just as magical. Any opinions on this?