Help with inverted phase Newbie Question

Hello,
I have a cary slp 30, which I have been using for about two years. I recently have heard that this preamp has an inverted phase. what does this mean and what does it require me to do to get the full sonic capabilities?
c_wise
Edesilva's response was right on the money, so the answer is no. But, where did you get the idea that inverting phase reduces hum?
I have heard about somehow inverting power prongs might possibly resolve the ground loop/hum problem. Even though it doesn't work for me that way, it gives me the idea to try inverting the phase from my preamp. This works for me, but I am still trying to figure out why...
Jshaw,

This thread is about absolute polarity, AKA The Wood Effect. You are talking about reversing line and neutral on your power connections. It is generally recommended that, on equipment with 2-prong AC plugs, you should use the direction that sounds better, or if you can't hear a difference, use the direction that results in the lowest AC voltage reading from the equipment chassis to ground. With 3-prong plugs, the only way to do this is with a "cheater" (an adapter that plugs into a 2-prong outlet, with or without a ground lead). I am strongly against using these to lift the ground because of the safety issue, not to mention that your after-market power cords will not do their job properly without a good earth ground.
I recently switched speaker cable polarities on my system (which contains a BC3 preamp that inverts) and while I could not pinpoint what was better, it was better. I had been running it for over a year the 'wrong' way. If forced to describe, I would say that the sound had a more 'relaxed' feel to it, but that may be my word for something else audiophilic. My English is pretty good; it's my Audish that is very spotty.