Seperates or Receiver on a Budget

I have a question which has probably been asked to death, but since I am new here...maybe you can help or point me to an answer. I am building a HT in my basement and the room will be approx 11x23x7.5 I just purchased some Definitive 2000TL's (floor models) for a steal, and wanted them since I have the PM100's and the PF1500TL sub and love the sound of the Definitives for the money....but I am tell you this for background, not to start a thread on speakers:)

My question is, if I only have $2000-2500(MAX) budgeted for a new receiver, do I start my seperates, try a hybrid or wait until I have more funds available (if that every happens). I was thinking I could go with the Yamaha 2400 receiver and bypass the amps and get started with a Marantz MM9000 amp since I have heard good things about that amp for the $$$. OR I could just look at a receiver like the Yamaha Z1 or Denon AVR4802. What would you suggest...keep in mind if you don't already know, the def techs fronts (2000TL's) center (CLR2500) as well as my sub (PF1500TL) all have powered subs, so the amps won't be used to drive the bass.
jasplat88
Agree with everyone above, seperates at your price range. Receivers fall more into the "anything is better than nothing" school of thought. Flexability is key to long range satisfaction and is more cost effective over the long run.

Dave
Thank you for the feedback. I have a few follow-up questions: Again I would say I will be 65/35 HT/Music...and speakerwise the HT will have 3 fronts, 2 sides and 2 rears.

1) Would you suggest using multiple amps to drive the 7 speakers or perhaps look at using---for example 7 Outlaw M-Block's?

2) Do the Pre's mentioned above all up-convert to component? I will be running a Sharpvision projecter and it would be nice to be able to run a single set of component video cables to it?

3) I found a site on the internet selling the B&K Reference 50 Pre NEW for $1549....how would that compare to those mentioned above....although it would take more of my budget up....I imagine me upgrading my amps later on and would prefer to have a better Pre initially.

4) I just bought my Def's 2000's (wife fought me on them cause of $$$)and that is what I will have as far as my speakers go for the next let's say 5-10yrs....based on that I want to spend only where I will get bang for the buck and be able to notice a diference. I kind like the idea of 7 Outlaws with the Outlaw Pre would put me about $3K....can I do better?

5) I will need a rack, but again don't want to spend much on it. I would like something super simple that I can mount INTO the wall with a glass front. Any suggestions on where to look. Ideally I would like to be in the $250-400 range.

6) Can someone explain to me what bass management refers to? I think this is something everyone should know...yet I don't----can you believe I use to be a DJ in college? For you youngins---do you know what Virgin Vinyl is? :)
For the money, the outlaw is a no brainer. I just hooked up an outlaw pre/pro and amp the other day for a friend. It's amazing what they can do for $2200.00.

Good luck,
You're getting good advice. I bought a receiver and now I'm out looking for new amps, and wishing I had started with separates to begin with. Interesting thing about multi channels, some of them do not use individual power supplies for each channel. I don't know if that matters or not, maybe somebody has some experience with these arrangements.