Audio Research and Aragon

Does anyone have any experience matching an aragon 4004 mk II with an audio research preamp. Would an LS3 be a good match? Would the LS3 have enough gain? I have been told that the LS3 is a fairly warm preamp for solid state. Also that it is quite dynamic and images well with no loss of the low end. Looking for thoughts and advice.
Thanks all.
kool39
I would not use a tube pre with the Aragon. All tube pre amps will pass a certain amount of Direct current usually at higher volumes, The Aragon will shut down at the presence of DC as will most solid state amps. it is the protective circuits. The Aragon is an excellent amp I would look elswhere for a good Pre.
Kenscollick, I appreciate the response but the LS3 is actually a solid state preamp. Also I was previously running an audible illusions L-1 tubed pre with the aragon and never had any signs of shutting down. But I am just looking for something different. So if you dont mind my asking what are your recommendations for a good preamp with the aragon? Thanks
FWIW, I use an ARC SP 9 mkII pre with my Aragon Palladium 1K monos. the 9 is a tube/hybrid pre, and I have never had any difficulties at any volume level. The Aragon monos are 125 wpc Class A, switching to AB above that and going 400 wpc into 8 ohms, 600 into 4 ohms.