I have a lack of depth in "soundstage".

System : Audionote SE oto , B&W CDM-1NT , Marantz CD player Paid $350.00 forget model #

Looking for an improvment soundstage "depth"
128x128flickkit
The three most important factors in getting great sound:
1. speaker placement
2. speaker placement
3. speaker placement

How to make a $10,000 pair of speakers sound awful :
poor placement

How to make a $200 monitor sound OUTSTANDING :
excellent speaker placement

***You MUST pay your dues and exhaustively experiment with placement; every room is different, every system different.
Try to methodically change, and keep track of, speaker placement until you hit the "magic spot". When you hit it, you'll know it. It will all be there, all snap into place.
But it doesn't come free...you've gotta earn it.
You must be investigative, aware that small changes can
possibly make a big difference.
Other factors are important....but will do you little good
without to-a-quarter-of-an-inch precise placement. You can
change amps and cables forever and ever, and not get it right until you have your speakers placed correctly in YOUR
room. Hey, I learned the hard way...can you say Martin-Logans choked by poor room placement?
My two cents worth based on experience.
Good luck.
Bass sounds better closer to the back wall. As far as side distance because of a door my left speaker is 6 feet away from the side wall and the right is 3 feet from the side. Ive experimented a little with placement and have had some positive results. Unfortunatly the best so far dosnt sit well with my significant other. I ran a dedicated line from my breaker box to the wall socket, this made a big difference in all aspects. I am using no power conditioning of any kind. Allthough I did get rid of the $6.99 surge protector. again a big improvment. My speaker cables arent really cables but 12g "Monster" wire. Speakers are bi-wired. I tried some (forget the brand) bi-wire silver core wires. The biggest difference was symphony instruments appearing where they wernt before! These wires were on loan. So I'm in the market for some.
Thanks for all the suggestions.
Flickkit-
I have the Cdm1 nt too, and I have had similar observations as yours. The Cdms offered better bass close to the back wall. At the same time, the soundstage seemed to disappear, at least in this room. Two things I tried helped considerably improve soundstage- placing the cdms out into the room, and getting better stands. A solid stand can make a big difference to the cdms. I think the cdms are finicky about placement, so I found that looking to the environment I placed the cdms in offered some clues about their behavior. I think they are wonderful speakers, and though I was occationally frustrated in my effort to place them in the most effective way I am very pleased with the result.
- Good stands and firm placement is crucial for soundstage depth and bass response.

- Speaker placement sometimes brings dramatic improvements: Try different distances from wall; between each loudspeaker; and (this sometimes does the trick on spacial image) close progressively the angle of the speakers, facing the tweeter to you. Height of stand is important too, so that the tweeter is at your ears height.

- Your amplifier/speaker match is not the best. If you hear mostly jazz, classic music, etc, you should get rid of the B&W. One possible magic combination is Oto SE with Monitor Audio Studio 6 monitors. In jazz beats systems costing 5 times more. These speakers are no longer sold - you must buy them used, and they should cost around $600. If you prefer mostly rock, you should sell both. If you hear all types of music, a good investment would be The B&W 805 Signature for now, and a Pathos Acoustics Twin Towers later.

Kind regards
General Question? If a speaker is "good" wont it reproduce all kinds of music? If a speaker (or any componant for that matter) works well playing jazz but not clasical doesnt that mean its somehow not doing its job well?

Thanks for the imput