Subwoofer Amp Recommendations

I've added a stereo pair of VBT Magellan passive subs (fantastic, BTW)to my 2-channel system. VBT recommends using their 200S amp, which I have---and it is good---and I could get another for stereo, but as I'm using a Tact 2.2x, I don't need the crossover/volume functions in their amp, and would rather not have to put the signal through another set of electronics.

My considerations have ranged from the new Carver Pro amps (but I'm not happy about their connections as I'd need new cables or adapters) to used Adcoms/NADs/Aragons. I've also considered PS Audio and Sunfire, but not sure if I need to spend that much just for a bass amp.

A friend suggested the new Panasonic 45 digital receiver which takes a digital input (saving me the expense of a DAC, but I already have an extra anyway).

Your thoughts and experience would be appreciated.
richards
Elgordo..."One man right (or even two men) is a majority of one". In their day the LO7M were considered the best. By now they are all well burned in...and still working!

I have the service manual if anyone is interested. They are flat from DC to 50 Khz +0 -0.5 dB, and to 100KHz +0 -1dB.
Not too shabby.
Not too shabby on paper, but the Kenwoods had problem with induced noise and had a very poor quality control on their mfg. tolerances. Kenwood=cold solderjoint problems. And an amp thats 25+ years old isnt going to get any better. If they were truely that great, they would still be making them, or something that resembled their original design concept.

BTW slew rate is just as importnat for a bass as it is for midrange or treble. I personally like detailed bass that integrates seamlessly into the rest of the audio spectrum. Its a given fact that alot of amps with low slew rates have muddy bass in comparison.
Ritteri...I guess I must be lucky to have no noise problems or QC defects. (Many, many excellent products are no longer made. There is another thread about this).

I don't think that you can explain the need for high slew rate when processing a signal that has no steep wavefronts. Any rapid signal change has been routed to another amplifier by the crossover. If your SW amplifier did output a rapidly changing voltage (characteristic of midrange or tweeter signals) your Subwoofer driver would not respond anyway.
Buy the Adcom GFA555 mkII in the amp section of the Gon for 350.00.Tons of power and quiet.I use two in bridged mode on my Adire Tumults.
My brother's L-07Ms keep powering his subs year after after year with no problems and they run cool. Of course if one lives in wicked cold New Hampshire a warmer running amp is welcome.