Anyone heard the Krell KCT Preamp?

I am in the market for a preamp and was wondering if anyone has had a chance to evaluate or audition this unit. Any owners care to comment? Also, there seems to be no reviews published that I can find thus far. I am also particularly interested in its CAST feature for mating with Krell Class A amps (high impedance output into low impedance input. Thanks in advance.
stevecham
Steve thanks for such a detailed review!! I am the new owner of a 400cx which is currently paired with a KRC-HR!!
I will consider your comments while listening to the KCT.
Ronv, I'm looking for a KRC-HR if you are thinking about upgrading to a KCT for your 400CX. Let me know ASAP.
Just to say going on five years later that the KCT/400cx combo continues to improve sonically with the CS6s. I enjoy this system completely and have had absolutely no problems with it nor do I have any desire to upgrade/degrade or otherwise!

Cheers!
Steve
Stevecham, I love the fact that you have offered followed up years later to your early posts and that you are still in love with the system - after 5 years that says a lot about the performance.

Too often one reads a great review and then 6 months later another great review of another piece that replaced the previous great piece.
Stevecham,
Have you ever heard the Krell Evo 707 and the other Evo preamps ? How does these new preamps compare with the KCT when teamed with an FPB amp? I am getting a pair of FPB-350MCX, and is mulling over what preamp will be the best. The user review below apparently rave about the 707 improvement over the KCT.

It is really possible to make such vast improvement over the KCT when was touted as "the most transparent" preamp during its time ? I am looking for something that sound as close to "realistic" as possible.

There is of course the issue of amp synergy which is important. Will Krell Evo preamp synergise optimally with the older FPB series ?

What is your opinion of the FPB-350MCX ?
Many Thanks

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=990143&page=7

Compare the pre amp section to the Krell KCT(my previous preamp), it is no contest. The 707 improvement over the KCT is immediately evident and obvious