Marantz receivers any bad vibes for 2ch&HT combo

I was looking to go with a mid line Denon 2803, but due to bad reviews in the 2channel area, I am looking at marantz. Cannot seem to find too many specs on like the 7200 and such. Wondering on their signal to noise ratio and THD numbers. Also is anyone unhappy with their marantz unit. Can I get warranty or service work. Any help or other suggestions would be great.
Thanks.
Brandon
viper6383
The two companies are OWENED by Denon&Marantz holdings. They also own Mcintosh now. However, they still do independent r&d and such. The Marantz pieces sound better musically. The midrange opens up and is a bit smoother. The Denons tend to be heavy on the bass and cold sounding on the mids. You also get a 3yr warrenty w/ the Marantz vs a 2yr w/ the Denon....on a side note..just because two companies are owned by the same people doesn't mean they're equal in performance...that's like saying harmon kardon is just as good as levinson or lexicon...NOT
When you are dealing with higher end stuff, I agree. But we're talking receivers here. If you did a survey, I think you find as many pro Denon as pro Marantz. Sorry I have to disagree but they will have a tendency to share at this level. Also, I would not really want to put Lexicon in the same class as Levinson myself. I might choose certain Harmon Kardon over some of the Lexicon stuff!
I like my denon 3803.
I also liked the marantz 7300, but in the end i decided the 3803 was a better choice for me.

Peace, Love, and Applesauce
I have a SR7200 and have been quite pleased. More music-friendly than the equivalent Denons.

CD
I agree with Cdelplato.

The marantz do do music better. i think Denon has the edge on the HT department. Thats why i got it. This will be powering my Mid-level HT. once i get into my new house and get the basement finished (2 years down the road) im going to build a REAL home theater, in which i will go with seperates and projection, sconce lighting, the whole 9 yards.
For a livingroom setup this denon fits my need perfectly.

then i also gotta build a 2ch up in the loft.

I have so much to buy its so exciting!