Buzzzzzing Transformers

My solid state monoblock transformers buzz. I use a CJ tubed preamp (PV9a) and a modified TNT Turntable. I use an SDS for motor stability and a PS audio 300 power conditioner which I set in to the very basic mode without upping the frequency. Could this conditioner be the source of the problem?
tphalieros
Gs5556, You guessed it right, my transformers are toroidal. Their maker is obscure and out of business now, so I did not mention the name. They are "Acoustic- Electronics" "photons" One currious modification, that I think was added later by their first owner, was that they have a second smaller toroidal transformer sitting on top of the main one. I think this gave additional power to the amps.
Ted
Tphalieros, the "loose transformer" tweak makes sense. The 60HZ vibration from the transformer was decoupled from the PC boards etc. in the amp and removed a colouration. A rubber mount system would probably have a similar but safer effect. You see this in some amps (YBA being one) or a separate box entirely for the power supply.
Go to psaudio.com as they have a section on transformer buz! very interesting article! Happy Listening!
T,
Your amps were originally made by some nice guys in New Jersey. The originator was Roger Paul. He has a new company that makes a preamp that I think is called Hcat. He has a website that I can't remember. He probably could give you some advice. The Photon was a great amp.
More to discover