Why an active preamp with Rock-N-Roll ?

In past threads I have read that people have said that an active preamp is better for rock-n-roll.

Why?
tweakster
So what would be a good active pre for rock/heavy metal?

Please reference my post

What tube pre for live sound with rock n roll?
Post removed 
Before I bought my Bent 102 passive, I had a Kora Eclipse and was very pleased with it playing a wide variety of music. It is one piece that I have sold that I would own again. That said, the Bent IS DYNAMIC playing the hardest of rock, or most anything else for that matter.

Steakster, what other components are you using with the Kora? If you've tube questions regarding the Eclipse, contact me.
I like the transparency that Passives give.I do not have wads of cash for a SOTA Active and if your speakers are on the Bass side it might do well to Balance the system.

My Passive out played the Rotel I was using I know that much.It did so many things better that I am really glad I moved to the passive.

I have read great things about BENT and PLACETTE also.It is not expensive to go down to Radioshack and buy the components to try it out yourself.A good saturday project and then repost your findings.Do it and lets see what you think then.

The same challenge was done in another BB and the poster was very thankful he tried it.

Won't cost you much to hear the difference.Then if you say it is hindering your system I will respect your opinion,but till then I can't really see how people can slam them.