Why my system has detail but no body & warm vocal?

My system:
B&W 602S3
Rotel RA-972 int amp
Rotel RCD-975
Kimber 4Tc speaker cord
Kimber hero interconnect

When I listen to Barbra Streisand or Lionel Richie's song, it has detail but no body. The vocal is thin and laid back.

What is my weak point? I am thinking about try Audio analogue Puccini or Arcam A75 amp, and try Arcam CD72 CD player. Is it a right direction to go?
yxlei
Your speakers are too close together unless you sit right on top of them. Unless you do sit nearfield, this also tells me that you need to spend more time experimenting with placement. Changing the stands can also affect tonal balance. What you hear will depend on the speakers' height above the floor and the angle of the speakers' trajectory. Obviously, toe-in, distance from back and side walls, etc... all come into play also. This is not to mention the acoustics of the room itself.

If you change components, you will effectively change the tonal balance of the system. Problem with this is that you may not like the match that you have with your current cables. Since you've already tried out several different cables, i'm assuming that you did hear a difference in them and realize that you may have to do this again after changing components. Sean
>
When a system sounds "thin," it means that there is a lack of body in the upper bass and lower midrange, which contribute to the fullness of voices and instrumental texture.
The first place to start is at the beginning. My experience with Rotel gear is that it has "detail," but is a bit on the lean side. Also, what you're talking about is "dimensionality," which is a sense of a palpable, invisible person or instrument right in front of you, either between or behind the speakers. The equipment DOES have everything to do with that.
First, ALWAYS start with your source equipment. CD player, turntable or the like. Although it may be something further down the line (i.e., interconnects or speaker cable), the source will ALWAYS show you whether or not it itself is contributing to the issue at hand.
Borrow one that has fuller sound. You mentioned the Arcam 23, which has a fuller sound. See how that improves - or changes the overall musical feeling of the system.
Then try the interconnect, especially if you have the same manufacturer's brand throughtout your system. First the interconnect between the source and the preamp/integrated connection.
You'll need to replace each piece of equipment, BUT!!! Manufacturers have a "sound" they believe in. Rotel, from what I know, is not particularly 3 dimensional and you have, perhaps, aggravated it with cabling that is also on the lean side of neutral.
And finally, be sure your power cords do NOT touch the interconnects or run across the speaker cables. Keep them at least several inches away from each other, or you'll introduce hash into the upper midrange sound.
Good Luck!
REPEAT: room acoustics, placement of speakers. REPEAT: room acoustics, placement of speakers.
Our systems are similar. I have the 602s & Rotel RCD 951, and use Kimber Interconnects as well. In the first months of having the 602 I was plagued by that thin sound/lack of warmth you describe. I think I considered replacing my components too. Eventually it occured to me to move the speakers off the short wall. What I discovered was that the 602s like space, not only to be a couple of feet off the back wall, but to be spread out-6 feet at least, in my case. I discovered that my furnature acted as a sort tone control. Lots of soft furnishings the sound gained some warmth-too many direct hard surfaces and it became too thin and bright. It went something like that, the point being that these speakers are sensitive to their surroundings. Once I made these observations and made some efforts to address the rooms effect on my speakers the sound evolved to something more to my liking. As well, I noticed a solid stand really improved the bass in the 602s, as well as giving the sound some added impact/solidity. They were very sensitive to speaker cable, or more so than the interconnects. Once I changed from 16 gauge to 12 gauge the sound gained even more presense, and this was not at any substantial expense even as I was biwiring.Finally, the 602s are a quandary. They can sound incredible one moment and horrible the next. I would not say they were the last word in neutrality, but you definately get to enjoy the quality of recordings you listen to. In this the 602s can sound distant or veiled one moment, bright and edgy the next. It took a long time for me to get used to that, and it is something that I have come to appreciate.Very finally, I never enjoyed my rock recordings with them. I have read so many reviews of them where the reviewer felt that they really kicked loose. I never had that experience. I dont doubt that those reviewers are correct in this. I just dont have a set up that exploits this particular attribute of their many fine qualities. My advice is to take the time to experiment with placement and the room environment first, then perhaps stands and cables.
Your room is the most important component in your system next to your speakers and will have the most profound effect. Moving the speakers where you can at first. Even an inch or two or angling them in more or less. Like the person above said a room with alot of hard surfaces usually has a negative effect. Do these things first as they are free until you get into room treatment which I've found to be of the best bang for the buck in audio. Good Luck