Why my system has detail but no body & warm vocal?

My system:
B&W 602S3
Rotel RA-972 int amp
Rotel RCD-975
Kimber 4Tc speaker cord
Kimber hero interconnect

When I listen to Barbra Streisand or Lionel Richie's song, it has detail but no body. The vocal is thin and laid back.

What is my weak point? I am thinking about try Audio analogue Puccini or Arcam A75 amp, and try Arcam CD72 CD player. Is it a right direction to go?
yxlei
I have to agree with these posts, after looking at your equipment I think itprobably has a bright but detailed sound. I had a system and was very much the same, I switched the cables from AQ to XLO and tara. And that made helped but of course I don't not beleive any cable can cure big problems. I had to change my source. You can try cables, they help but there not a miricle cure. Save those dollar your going to use on over priced cables and get a different Source or Amp, that matches your system and likeness better.
FWIW, I wouldn't spend a nickle on any cable, interconnect, or other tweek until I had exhausted all of the possibilities regarding speaker positioning, including speaker highth, toe in, distance from wall, etc. I would also experiment with the listening position as well. If that doesn't do it, you can decide whether you need speakers with a fuller lower mid range, or a warmer amp, or both, or whether the problem is resolved to the point where cables will make a difference. In my experience, cables may make a big difference in the highs (you can roll them off, or brighten them up)but they won't give you any warmth in the mid/upper bass area where vocals predominate, unless you seriously roll off the high end, and it doesn't sound like you'd want to do that.
I'd agree with Newbee. Tweaks and cables are not likely going to make major changes that I'm guessing you are looking for. A tweak by definition is to make SMALL adjustments to what is already there. If what you are looking for isn't already there you have nothing to "tweak". Sound advice (pun intended) also from Nebee, to experiment with speaker positioning before spending $. Also your room itself may have something to do with it. No expert there, but there are many on this forum who are. I do think room dimensions and treatments have a big impact on the sound of a system. I have no experience with your components other than with both the Kimber wires you have which I found pretty darn neutral, contrary to Sugarbrie's experience of them, but I must admit it's been several years now since listening with Kimber. A friend of mine runs what I think may be the same Rotel CD player and amp through the larger B&W speakers and my impression of that was not at all what you describe. The sound was pretty full-bodied to my ears. Can't recall which B&W he was using, but they were towers with little eyeball tweeters on top. My gut would say look at your speakers and or amplification if room and positions don't pan out. If you have a local dealer you bought your gear from maybe they'd loan you some alternate demo gear with a credit card swipe if they knew you were serious about making a change? Just .02 more cents to thoroughly confuse things!
Newbee above stated "In my experience, cables may make a big difference in the highs (you can roll them off, or brighten them up)but they won't give you any warmth in the mid/upper bass area where vocals predominate".
I will have to totally disagree with his statement. I have heard vast differences in cables regarding warmth in the middle/upper bass performance of cables. Example Nordost SPM vs. XLO UNLIMITED cables a huge difference the SPM is very thin and very little warmth the XLO is very full and is extremely warm sounding.
I used to have the same complaints - thin & bright. Keep your hardware for now - you'll NEVER know the full potential of your present setup until you begin experimenting with upgrade AC cords, interconnects, speaker cables, AC line conditioning, tweaks such as shelving, cones, pods, footers. Even your rack has a significant effect on sonic signature.
At one time I was, like you, considering replacing components. That's only a part of the answer, part of the time. I tuned what I have to my liking & I'm so glad that I found out the true potential of my existing equipment. It was there all along - I just had to solve some puzzles to get it there.