Thinking about a VK-50SE Pre-amp? Any opinions

Hoping to get a bit of feedback from any VK-50SE or 51SE owners out there. Thinking of taking the plunge and it would be a big purchase for me cash wise. I have a LS-25 MKI w/NOS tubes now and am extremely happy with it. But the upgrade bug calls as usual. I have read all the rave review and BAT sounds like a great company. Just wondering how much improvement I could expect as I would be likely be buying unheard from Audiogon next time one shows up. I am a music lover first and do not want to just gain extra resolution and give up musically over the ARC. Any thoughts, commons, recommendations would be much appreciated. Thanks!
dog_lover
I owned a 30 SE and listened to a 50 se extensively. I have also lived with the VK75 se amp. I have also owned a variety of ARC gear during the past 20 years starting with an SP8,SP9 I- III, LS2/PH1 and have spent time with a PH3. I can't give a definitive opinion w/o knowing about your amp,cable, room and source- but I can say the BAT stuff is bullet prrof and I have loved everything they make- except for the VK20- which is ss and should be dropped from their line- The 30 and 50 se are magical in their ability to retriev detail and retain the natural pace and flow of live music. This is not ARC- hyperrealism/forward/bright- nor is it caramel colored tubes either. It is the best tyube stuff I have heard in its price range- I have experience with ProAcs, Avalons, Spendors, Magnepans, Meadowlarks etc
The big BAT stuff is very impressive..

Sam
I have a 50se and love it. The 51se is supposed to be a big step up for only $1400 upgrage. Buy a 50SE used and get the upgrade now or down the road.

I agree with the comments above by Sam. What's the rest of your setup?
Hi, I can highly recommend the BAT 51se. If you decide to buy the 50se you can look forward to the upgrade to the 51se when you can afford it. It's well worth the money in my opinion. I use the 51se with the BAT 150se monoblock amps to drive Eidolons and the system is truly magical! Good luck, Tom