Have you ever deceived your wife-audio purchase

This could lead to a hysterical thread. How many audiophiles have come home with an expensive amp/preamp/and told their wife they bought it for practically nothing? Only to have paid 3-4K they had in their private stash? How many audiophiles have secretly installed a new "toy" in their audio system thinking their wife wouldn't notice. My old girlfriend thought anything beyond a boombox was excessive. Whenever I would upgrade my system,I would come up with some far fetched tale(lie) Would love to hear your story.......
krelldog
5 simple rules to deceiving the Mrs:

1) When buying, always tell her it cost only a fraction (at least 50%) of what you aytually paid.

2) When selling, always tell her you got way more than what you actually got (assuming you already have a reserves for the replacement).

3) Never pay by credit card for the full amount: only what is allowable. And, show only the credit card receipt as the entire cost.

4) Remember, once you have 3 of one thing, getting 4,5,6 is too much for her to keep track of.

5) Have a couple of kids...Gets her too busy to scrutinize your system (although this is dicey because you too will get busy)
This definitely takes the cake for most hilarious post on the 'gon.

I have a pretty nice rig. I have never told the truth regarding cost of any component.

In fact, I bought my line arrays a month before I got married. When asked how much they cost, I gave the price of one speaker. Since it was still comfortably less than the price of the engagement ring, it was 'acceptable.'

Keep 'em coming!
this is certainly not a sugestion,but i just got rid of my wife.THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION.
Well to all that lie about Audio, just imagine what your wife may be less then honest about, now thats funny!
This is very simple and has taken me 30 years to figure out:

1. Haul the boxes in when she's asleep
2. Have an entire floor that is so untidy/revolting/messy (she regards a speaker more than 3 nm from the wall as messy, wire on the floor as untidy and a sound level of greater than 60 db as revolting)- I now have such a floor - the basement - she won't set foot in it under any circumstances
3. Most important - desensitize her from asking the price - she was so appalled at the cost of one of my components that she never ever asked again. It's called shock therapy - and it works.