Ok this will be a good thread.

What in your opinion is the most important part of a good 2 channel system. Or what has the biggest impact on overall sound. For example if you feel Speakers are most important, or Preamp, Amp, Source. I am not looking for a ss vs. tube debate, just what do you feel is most important.

I will start:
I feel speakers are the most important part. I know lots of you are going to say electronics, but keep it to one part, like Preamp, Amp, etc.
Steve
musiqlovr
Asa, yes in relative term, you are right. Man are always differents, knowledges, levels... Last question, since when you're not a man?

Twl, so what do you see?
... Coastline...

Zapper, did you say "personal" taste? Thankyou! Hahhaha....
LOL Unclejeff! Yes, I guess L. Frank Baum just doesn't pass muster here on Audiogon.... I should have been quoting Heidegger, Neitsche, or perhaps Sun-Tzu!

Marco
Oh uncle and Marco, don't be spoiled sports. What are you afraid of? Big words, big idea? What makes it look big to you?

Yes, switching to that Rapala floater was a good move...

6ch: yes, of course. Before man = deeper face. Also, though, "level face" = face: Form not different from form-less; form-less not separate from form. I know, as soon as I open my mouth and spat out "level" you/it/Tao hits me with a bamboo! :0) (and another :0) for now frowning Marco who doesn't like symbol ":0)")

But, "level" "flag" "grain" are the floaters...

On stereo, yes, pragmatist, you are right. It is how you make a sauce that determines how it tastes.

Putting together a streeo is an art, which is why I like talking to all of you stereo-artists - some even stereo artist-teachers like twl, and in a different way 6ch. And even those of you who are in the closet about your "art" because it doesn't sound "scientific" enough (to the mirror), or has big words (like big macs and big fins...)

BTW, who is L. Frank Baum? What did he say?

Twitch, twitch. Twitch, twitch goes the line...
Trolling, trolling, over the bounding sea! I like the little smiley guys just as much as the next guy Mark. L. Frank Baum was the author of the Wizard of Oz and that series of books. It ain't da big bad words that scare me. "Big" ideas? Huh?! "I think, therefore I.......must ascribe meaning and categorize every last quark, and every subtle nuance in the guise of some fabricated concept of "perfection" that is patently absurd?! You are an "artist" and therefore shall be worthy of more reverence and esteem than the next man who doesn't take life quite as seriously, or address their interests with such a degree of passion and or obsession as to shut off the rest of the world and discount other limitless possibillities. Yes, the coastline can be seen as both a complex and jagged line, AND a straight and smooth line, while out in space it's all just an insignificant spec of infintesmally unimportant dust... as are we. Now I'm getting into some Kafka and Heinrich Boll! The coastline can also be seen as a pipe wrench, a tree, or anything else you care to come up with,.... or not. Yes, I am frowning Marco right now Mark, I am crying, I am not happy right now. My dog Jax, my best friend of 13 years just died on Monday night. That kind of loss really puts all this B.S. into a whole different perspective. No offence intended, but it's really meaningless at face value. We make our own meaning and if you care to complicate it ad-infinitum, have at it.

The Beatles, and countless other prophets, poets, artists, writers, gurus, as well as many other ordinary people (as are all of the previous list as well), they all have said it in so many different ways and in every conceivable language, and it is oh so simple: Love is all you need. And I think it was Steve Martin (as, "The Jerk") who may have added, ".....and this chair, that's all I need is this chair.....oh, and this paddle game,...and this..."

Best,

Marco