123 Reviews All 5"s For Odyssey

Has anyone visited the Audioreview website lately? Is The Odyssey that good to receive 5 stars on every review?
mfb33
As a side note, not all of the reviews for the odyssey amps where in fact "5's," as some reviews have vanished, notably a couple recent ones questioning why some reviews have been deleted that where less then 5 stars! Conspiracy theories aside, still an amazing amp that must be heard to be believed.
How does the Stratos do when driving low impedance low efficiency loads ? Moncrieff has stated that this is indeed a very good amp and i "normally" trust him enough to believe what he says. However, how well the amp does into erratic loads may be another story. Anyone have experience with this ? Sean
>
Sean, I have been using the stratos monos to drive full range SoundLabs. I have been very happy with them. Pushing the stats barely even warms them up. For the price range I was unable to find anything in SS or tubes that I liked as well.
Sean,

In addition to what Tthomas had already mentioned, I am using my Stratos on a pair of Martin Logans whose impedance was listed at 4 Ohms nominal to 1 Ohm at 20 khz. I was using a Threshold Stasis S500 Series II amps before, my speakers sounds no where near what I am hearing now. I am very happy with them (Odyssey amps) also.
Sean,

I can answer that one. I have a pair of the Odyssey Stratos Monoblocks driving a pair of Infinity Kappa 9's. Their impedance dips down to .7 ohms in 2 places throughout the freq range. The monoblocks handle this load with ease. I've also hooked up my HT-3 (3ch Stratos) and it has no problem driving this load. The sound is not as refined as the monoblocks but it still sounds damn good.