Bi Amping... worth it?

I'm not really sure how much of a difference bi amping would make in my system:

--Aerius i (there are two sets of speaker posts on the back... )
--VTL IT 85

the review in stereophile said that biamping really opened up the sound. But I don't really listen to my music that loud... I mean, it's loud for me! but i have yet to turn the volume dial past midnight....

bi amping with the IT 85 is easy though, and if i found a used ST 85 (which is already matched to be used with the IT 85... i wouldn't need a crossover?), it could be a cheap <1K upgrade.

i could spend that much on cables!
128x128dennis_the_menace
now to finalize...

It's all logically obvious that in active biamping we limit the "visible" freequency spectrum of each amplifier thus easing the task of amplification. It's beneficial for ALL amps in any combination BUT it also changes the speaker curve that might not be beneficial and needs to be checked and researched before the final setup.

There is no way in real life to connect passively 20W/ch amp with 500W/ch amp since YES, the output power does something to do with the amplifier's gain since it's a ratio between input voltage and output voltage.
I can't imagine wanting a Krell with only 20 watts per channel.
I think the gain of all Krell amps is 26 or 27db, regardless of size.

Richard
All you guys that are passively bi-amping, what are you using as a Y-adaptor? I too would like to passively bi-amp my speakers but I shudder at the thought of placing a Radio Shack (or derivative thereof) Y-adaptor connecting my Audioquest Opals between the pre and the amp for each channel - seems like it would defeat the purpose of purchasing good interconnects. Anyone know of a good Y-adaptor? - What it is and where to get it? The "best" I have seen so far is Monster Cable (the low-end stuff found at Best Buy and the like) Thanks, guys!
Treyhoss:
Call the Cable Company (www.fatwyre.com) and talk or e-mail Bob. He, I am sure, can custom make a Y-connector of the same cable as you now use.

Richard (who actively bi-amps)
Treyhoss: I was lucky enough to find from my Audioquest distributor here in Taiwan Y-adaptors made by Audioquest. These are very high quality Y-adaptors that I use to connect my Audioquest Python RCA interconnects to my pre-amp. These Y-Adaptors are in shinny gold finish. You should call Audioquest company in the U.S. to see how you can get hold of them. Hope this helps.