I give UP Aerial 10Ts and Power Amps

Ok, about 30 days ago, I ran a post stating my Citation 7.1, a 4 channel 210 x 4 (biamping my speakers) started cutting in and out at VERY loud levels, probably +100db, give or take. Everyone pointed to larger amps, that the speaker, a 4 ohms load, could take anything I threw at it.
Well, I took that word, while keeping my Citations, and threw a set of Jeff Rowland monoblock 7III's at them!
The babies, definitely high current, 350 into 8 ohms, 700 into 4 ohms, and a whopping 1100 into 2 (not that we are going to 2, but I suppose it could drop) ohms. That said, it happened again! WHAT GIVES?

It did this with the Casablanca, the Citation 5.0, and tomorrow I will be with the keeper, the Proceed PAV/PDSD combo. NOW, what is causing this? Could it be the speaker has a cut off to prevent any clipping, could it be the power in the house hits a wall and can't go anymore, could it be cables, power cords, what?

Or, dare I say, could I have just hit the limits of volume for a home and this set of speakers?

For what it is worth, I do not listen to things this loud, ever, or RARELY, but when changing pieces, I do PUSH to know the limits.

HELP!!!!!

Frustrated home theater guy trying to learn more about 2 channel!

Dan
Ag insider logo xs@2xporschecab
Thanks to all that have responded (again) to this post.
In deed, contrary to your thoughts, I have talked with Mike Kelley, and indeed, he felt more power from a 2 channel amp would be better served than a lesser 4 channel, biamping.
Thus, he thought the Classe would be a good match, and my thought was, the Rowland would not be any worse, if not better.

In deed, I do not listen to music this loud very often, but I do like to on occasion, as I imagine everyone here does.

Also, I appreciate the 'learn about audio' comment, nice.
I think that is what I am doing, and if there was a clean answer to this question, not only would I probably have know the solution, all the responses would be identical.

That said, I am starting to feel, the circuit is the issue.
I am running BOTH amps, as well as ALL of my gear off the same 15A circuit!

Hey, great suggestions, maybe it is the circuit!!!

Thanks, and I will search that avenue. Let me ask this, would a power regenerator, like the Monster AVS-2000 help?

D
Forget the power regenerator stuff, the amps draw way too much. You just solved your problem when you mention that all your stuff's plugged into one circuit, can you say bad, very bad?! I'd be on the phone to your favorite electrician, and quick.

beemer (I love my 10t's)
Beemer!
This is it? With all the gear plugged into one outlet?
Plasma, a pair of SW-12 subs, a trio of Roland 7's, a citation 7.1, LD, DVD, preamp, processor, projector, screen, and of course a couple of line conditioners?

This is it? How simple. I understand this is going to make a huge difference.

Do any of you know threads that discuss what types of lines, size of cables, etc that should be run? I understand a dedicated ground should happen, what else should I do?

D
Dan,

I used to have on one Dedicated 20 amp outlet with the rest 15. Because a reconfiguration of my system I went ahead and installed 5 dedicated 20 amp circuits for my system. I just finished setting up my system this morning using the 10T and CC3B. I went from the PM1000 to the PM2000 20amp unit. Even prior with the PM1000 I did not have a problem cranking up the volume. I have changed a number of items in my system in the past 3 weeks but I am sure the PM2000 was the biggest bang which created tighter and very controlled bass with more air to the midrange and still no sign of strain or cut outs.

Maybe it is your in coming current?

JR
Aother 10T owner with dedicated 20 amp 10 guage wire circuits and NO problems. Put in dedicated circuits and then come back and tell us if you still have a problem.
I bet ya won't. Having all this stuff on one dedicated circuit is starving your 10Ts on those dynamic peaks.
Its not the equipment, its your power draw and loudness level. It would happen to anyone else with similar gear on only one 15 amp circuit if they played loud enough, too!

The Monster unit does not regenerate AC contrary to its name. Forget regenerated AC, like PS Audio Power Plants, for
high power amplifiers - too expensive. Run your power amps direct from the dedicated hopefully 20 amp wall outlet with a good power cord - I use Granite Audio 560 power cords for this purpose, and I do use PS Audio Power Plants on front end non-amplifier components.