LINN aktiv vs passive biamping

I recently upgraded to aktiv LK85s for my Ninkas, and at first blush am preferring the passive mode. 'Audiophile' qualities of the aktiv mode are there- detail, punch, etc- but the music so far sounds flat, lazy and lifeless- no tune. In fact, the most tune has come from just using my Majik. Has anyone had similar experiences or know if setup becomes super critical in aktiv?

Gear:
Genki, Majik, 2 LK85s, Keilidh Aktiv cards
k_peterso
They were actually bought through a classified here. The amps are a couple of years old, and I assume the cards are too.

Perplexing. The benefits of aktiv are common knowledge- but so far my ears disagree. Perhaps Keilidh-specific cards in Ninkas are workable but not optimal?
Have you adjusted the treble level on back of one of the LK-85s? If so, and they still sound flat, perhaps you oughtta call Linn in Jacksonville and ask them about card compatibility. If the Keilidhs formerly driven had the old tweeter, there may be a mismatch. You might want to open up the chassis and get the cards' S/Ns before you call. Just a thought!
After playing with the treble a bit, some of the image and forwardness improved. But there is no immediacy. Louis Prima sounds like someone gave him valium. Jimi Hendrix is just playing notes at a recital. One may hear every ridge of his fingerprints plucking the strings, and Tim Alexander's thrumming kickdrum on Tommy the Cat has intoxicating punch and leading attack.

Too bad the sum of the whole is less than the individual parts. Diana Krall has all the sultriness of a wet paper bag. There seems to have been robbing from Peter to feed Paul- the midrange is GONE, and the extremes are excellent; too bad the midrange is where we hominids live.

Time to call LINN and get the skinny on the serials.
Sorry to hear of your problem, I agree with jwalkerstewart, those Activ cards do take a while to burn in! I put mine together and thought I'd made a huge mistake. Fortunately after a few months they really came together, so much so I put Activ cards in for the rears in my HT.

Now, on to the real issue......

Why are you using Kelidh Activ cards with Ninkas?? That is your most likely problem, call Linn in Jacksonville, FL (1-800-671-LINN) and get their tech support, they'll be able to tell you if they are compatable with the Ninkas.
I just purchased active cards (new from dealer) for Ninkas and am waiting for them to arrive. I'm almost positive that the Ninkas and Kelidhs use the exact same set of active cards. The cards need to match the crossover frequency of the speaker. I believe Ninkas are the successor to the Kelidh, so it makes sense that they would share the same crossover points, and thus active cards.