Bridging McIntosh 352

I'm power hungry if not totally insane. I want to add another MC352 to power up my Khorus's but read a users comment in Stereo Review and am wondering. He posted : "One thing that surprised and disappointed me was that they sound less transparent when bridged. So now I'm running 2 amps not in bridged mode but in stereo in a vertical bi-amp configuration." I'd appreciate a little advice and insight from Mac owners on best method of connecting the amps. Thanks....
acatnthehat
Why don't you trade it on a MC602? I recently heard this amp on some MLs and it was much more pleasant and realistic than the big Levinson amp that was also there. Just a thought...
In the setup you have you basically still have 350 wpc pushing each side only less strain on each channel - like a 5 channel amp pushing 150wpc into each channel - in the bridged mode you will increase the power to each channel much like the suggestion to buy the 602. I have a pair of 352's in bridged mode and I haven't experienced any loss of transparency - the user is wrong or something is wrong with his amp - try it - keep it the way you like it - I liked the increased power to each speaker in the bridged mode. This method gives 700 wpc rather than the 600 wpc by the 602 or the 350wpc that your setup has now. Its like if 2 people are traveling 50mph - because they are two doesn't make them traveling 100mph. Hope this helps.
If your speakers are Bi-wired and you have more than one set of ballanced outputs from your preamp run 4 monoblocks for the best possible sound. Otherwise bridging works just fine. I used the bridged set up with my 352's and Martin Logan Requests for a while and it sounded fine. I am now using the above mentioned set up. That way you get to look at all 4 meters moving independently.