What Does Holographic Sound Like?

And how do you get there? This is an interesting question. I have finally arrived at a very satisfying level of holography in my system. But it has taken a lot of time, effort and money to get there. I wish there had been a faster, easier and less expensive way to get there. But I never found one.

Can you get to a high level of holography in your system with one pair of interconnects and one pair of speaker wires? I don't believe so. I run cables in series. I never found one pair of interconnects and speaker wires that would achieve what has taken a heck of a lot of wires and "tweaks" to achieve. Let alone all the power cords that I run in series. Although I have found one special cable that has enabled the system to reach a very high level of holography -- HiDiamond -- I still need to run cables in series for the sound to be at its holographic best.

There are many levels of holography. Each level is built incrementally with the addition of one more wire and one more "tweak". I have a lot of wires and "tweaks" in my system. Each cable and each "tweak" has added another level to the holography. Just when I thought things could not get any better -- which has happened many times -- the addition of one more cable or "tweak" enabled the system to reach a higher level yet.

Will one "loom" do the job. I never found that special "loom". To achieve the best effects I have combined cables from Synergistic Research, Bybee, ASI Liveline, Cardas, Supra and HiDiamond -- with "tweaks" too numerous to mention but featuring Bybee products and a variety of other products, many of which have the word "quantum" in their description.

The effort to arrive at this point with my system has been two-fold. Firstly, finding the right cables and "tweaks" for the system. Secondly, finding where to place them in the system for the best effects -- a process of trial and error. A lot of cables and "tweaks" had to be sold off in the process. I put "tweaks" in quotation marks because the best "tweaks" in my system have had as profound effect as the components on the sound. The same for the best of the cables, as well. For me, cables and "tweaks" are components.

Have I finally "arrived"? I have just about arrived at the best level that I can expect within my budget -- there are a couple of items on the way. In any case, I assume there are many levels beyond what my system has arrived at. But since I'll never get there I am sitting back and enjoying the music in the blissful recognition that I don't know what I am missing.

I should mention that there are many elements that are as important as holography for the sound to be satisfying, IMO. They include detail, transparency, coherence, tonality, and dynamics, among others. My system has all of these elements in good measure.

Have you had success with holographic sound in your system? If so, how did you get there?
sabai
Charles1dad,
"Trimming and re-potting"? Sorry to disillusion so many people on this thread but high end audio is not a potted plant. To become so simplistic is to miss the point entirely. Simplicity for its own sake can be cutting off your nose to spite your own audio face. In fact, if a short signal path were the solution to audio nirvana there would be no mono amps, no pre-amps, no power conditioners, no power cells, no isolation transformers and no power regenerators -- among other audio components, not to mention daisy-chaining.
Bryoncunningham
I enjoy tweaking immensely but it is not just an on-again off-again thing with me. It is in the deliberate pursuit of a better sound system -- a much better sound system. When I find something that works I am delighted. When I find something that does not work or does not work well, out it goes. Improving my audio system is a labor of love -- call it an obsession. This is a passion for me. I am a serious audiophile. I always work for the best results in whatever I do and that means putting a lot of time and effort into things to be successful.
Dear Sabai,

We are all friends here. Don't get me wrong I enjoy tweaking too and have many tweaks in my system.

My tweaks include Hifi tuning fuses in all components, mains regeneration, anti vibration platforms, Acoustic revive RR77, audiophile wall sockets, AC inlets, plugs, power cords, ERS cloth, updated xover components, better quality passive componets in amps, contact cleaners, tube dampers, tube rolling, PW Belt foils, diffusers, cable elevators and so on.

So surely you can see I am with you? As I said I have had a fair amount of experience with tweaking.

If I miss quoted you you have misunderstood me. I find many tweaks have helped focus and refine the system performance, but the most worth while tweaks have been simple in signal path, or electrical supply mods. Of course you could go mad with more quantum this or that.

My point is its more fun (when basics are done) to find new music and spend there rather than listening to the same music 1000s of times but with yet another added tweak. The best tweak is new music IMHO rather than obsessing.
Chadeffect,
It looks like you have a lot of experience with quite a variety of "tweaks". In fact, I have tried many of the items you mention and still have some in my system.

You hit the nail on the head when you stated "more quantum this or that." These are the very products that have made the most difference in my system -- especially Bybee Quantum products -- when compared with the effects of special fuses, audiophile wall sockets, Acoustic Revive RR77, high end plugs and IECs, ERS cloth and many other "tweaks".

I listen to music over 90% of the time and I obsess a few percent of the time. I think that's a fair balance. Otherwise I would go nuts "tweak testing". I love music too much to waste my time in "testing mode". It probably sounded the other way around the way I expressed myself.
I was one of the very first to employ cryogenics on a wide range of audio related items, that was 15 years ago. I discovered the mechanism by which the (Quantum) Intelligent Chip works 7 years ago. I invented a six degree of freedom sub-Hertz vibration isolation stand 15 years ago. I started using Belt tweaks 10 years ago. I came out with the (Quantum) Clever Little Clock, based on Belt concepts, 6 years ago. May Belt and i wrote the explanation for how the clock works 3 years ago. My Brilliant Pebbles suite of crystal based devices was the first audio product to address a wide range of room and system issues. That was 8 years ago. Blue Meanies, also Quantum in nature, were introduced last year. You might as well lock me up and throw away the key.