All Amps Sound the Same....

A guy posted this on another forum:

"This is my other expensive hobby and while I agree with you about low end receivers, once you get to mid-priced (~$600-1000 street price) multichannel receivers you're into pretty good gear...Keep in mind that an amplifier sounds like an amplifier and changing brands should add or subtract nothing to/from the sound and that going up the food chain just adds power output or snob appeal to a separate amplifier...These days most audiophiles either use a good quality multichannel receiver alone or use a mid-priced multichannel receiver to drive their amps even for 2-channel."

Wow, where do they come up with this? Lack of experience?
128x128russ69
Not all people hear well; when you combine those people with ones who don't listen well, and add folks who don't care about music; we are out numbered. Their "graphanolas" are just some kind of background noise.
Unsound, the easy solution to your statement is to go active and eliminate the passive crossover which imo is a dinosaur anyway. Now you have serious sensitivity with the ability to precisely tailor response.
Audiofeil, no, no, no. Every power cord sounds the same, it's the wall socket that makes the difference. :-)

Below is a scene I'm writing from "A Few Good Audiophiles". (Any similarities to "A Few Good Men" is purely intentional).

Jack: You want the proof?
Tom: I want the proof!
Jack: You want the proof? You can't handle the proof!

Jack: Son, we live in a very electrical world. There are things that go on that you can't possibly fathom. I offer the security of a well made wall socket so that you can sleep at night under the blanket of knowing that you are getting the best sound possible. Deep down, you WANT that socket in your wall. You NEED that socket in your wall and I resent you even questioning my authority about the way I go about it.

Jack: Are we clear?
Tom: Crystal.