how many are you tripping over?

i know there are solutions to this as i have one [universal].remote control units are taking over. my list for example:
insanely expensive universal
pre
cd
dvd
ipod dock
cable
subwoofer
tv
ceiling fan
air conditioner
portable space heater
itouch,,,,,,,,,i know this may be boring but sociologically speaking what is this an indication of? 12 remotes next to the sofa is a direct indication that i have no waf around here . ha
hotmailjbc
The redeye app may be free but last I checked the hardware was $200! IMO about $150 too much if they want to sell to anyone but well heeled enthusiasts.

Mark
I have two HT's in my home, one is a fairly typical receiver based system with a half dozen sources. The other is an all out assault on HT/two channel and has a dedicated two channel preamp w/HT bypass in it as well as three (currently) Blu-ray players, reference CD/SACD player, TT, cable box, AppleTV etc in it and BOTH are 100% controlled by Harmony 890's, and yes, my lighting and fans are also controlled by them.......

They can be had for ~$150-200 nowadays and to my taste are superior to the new 900 model, I reccomend them highly!
Hiya Mark,
I should have said the Red Eye Mini.... it goes for around $40.

For the price and the near limitless customizing ability compared to any other universal remote control, I think that it's actually an excellent alternative, particularly as I most frequently have my phone within reach wherever I am.

Its activity-based controls and macros are damn nifty as is its database of over 45,000 IR codes and ability to learn commands from any existing remotes you may have which have obscure functions.