Audiophiles are older than dirt

Someone sent this to me recently. If you remember number 16..... then you are older than dirt.

Older Than Dirt Quiz :
Count all the ones that you remember not the ones you were told about.
Ratings at the bottom.
1. Blackjack chewing gum
2.Wax Coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water
3. Candy cigarettes
4. Soda pop machines that dispensed glass bottles
5. Coffee shops or diners with tableside juke boxes
6. Home milk delivery in glass bottles with cardboard stoppers
7. Party lines on the telephone
8 Newsreels before the movie
9. P.F. Flyers
10. Butch wax
11.. TV test patterns that came on at night after the last show and
were there until TV shows started again in the morning. (there were
only 3 channels... [if you were fortunate])
12. Peashooters
13. Howdy Doody
14. 45 RPM records
15. S& H green stamps
16. Hi-fi's
17. Metal ice trays with lever
18. Mimeograph paper
19. Blue flashbulb
20. Packards
21. Roller skate keys
22. Cork popguns
23. Drive-ins
24. Studebakers
25. Wash tub wringers

If you remembered 0-5 = You're still young
If you remembered 6-10 = You are getting older
If you remembered 11-15 = Don't tell your age
If you remembered 16-25 = You're older than dirt!

I wonder what it means if you read posts on Audiogon that are titled;

"What is Hi-Fi", "How is mid-fi defined", "Hearing tests, where and how", "I need help with a Dual 1291 that rumbles", "New stereo trend", "Tubes and moisture", "TT sounds so bad, I cringe", "Real audiophiles dont like remotes", "Who needs a MM cartridge type when we have MC", "What did you own in the 60s?", "Vacuum tube chess set", "Aging technology verse inevitably aging ears", and this lollapaloozer "An audiophile goal" and finally "Farewell my friends".

Yeah, we are all older than dirt!

Bob
PHP143
If the first 100db suck, why continue?

acoustat6
Howdy Doody (Clarabell, Mister Bluster, Flubadub, Princess Summerfall Winterspring, and I just read that Chief Thunderthud's greeting was "Kowabonga!") on a 5" square b/w TV, but later I got to be on the show in the "Peanut Gallery" at Rockefeller Center! I remember my sister complaining about Buffalo Bob smelling funny. Disney showed Disneyland being built and we were very excited about actually getting to go there when it was done. I remember Buster Browns, but forgot Tige's name (that should qualify for extra points). We wore corduroy clothes. I remember them all except I don't remember Blackjack chewing gum either (was it regional?), but we had Double Bubble and Bazooka gum. Three Musketeer bars were a nickle and big enough to split between 3 kids. The UPS man was a big deal and of course the Good Humor Ice Cream truck. So was an airplane flying overhead. I learned to drive in a 1948 Dodge (3 on the column tank) and I named my first Jeep Nellybell. By high school we had McDonald's with 15¢ hamburgers and 12¢ fries. JFK was high school lunch time over the PA. Meanwhile, back at the ranch... (Hopalong Cassiday movies) Favorite entertainment: Freddy the Pig books. My first audio system: a hand-cranked 78 player in the basement playroom.
2muse thanks for the memories.
I fell in love with Princess Summerfall Winterspring the first time I saw her.They replaced her with another the following year so I stopped watching the show.
Good Humor Bars were 12 cents so I waited for the Bungalow Bar truck they were only 10 cents.After all I was saving for a 78 record player.
I remember Buster Brown shoes but cant remember the name of his dog who lived in the shoe.I didn't care for Black Jack gum but loved Double Bubble and Bazooka along with the comics that came in the wrapping.
The best deal was the free hard stick of bubble gum that came in the package of baseball cards,all for a nickle.
I still remember the first kid in the neighborhood to have a TV.He never knew he had so many friends.Tuesday night was Capt.Video followed by Milton Berle.We would all sit on the floor in the darkened living room stretched out wall to wall.His parents had to step over us just to move about.
The music sounds much better on today's playback components
and a lot of equipment has come and gone,but I will always gathering with childhood friends and listening to 78's
Mapman: You win one "attaboy"! Ras422 I totally forgot about the cat. Nice going! Then there was Milton Berle, George and Gracie, Jack Paar and Ajax the foaming cleanser - floats the dirt right down the drain. The Doublemint twins and going to sleep with strains of God Bless America still ringing in your ears - Thanks Kate!
East coast Older than Dirt people: Sealtest Ice cream, Dixie Cups with the movie star on the reverse of the peel away lid, fender skirts, fuzzy dice, donkey dicks, (crome pipe extensions), tee shirts with a cigarette pack rolled up in the sleeve, levis with rolled up cuffs and white socks - don't forget to put your belt buckle to one side (anywhere but the middle), DA haircuts, poodle skirts, saddle shoes and pony tails. Carling Black Label beer.