APS Pure Power A/C Regenerators

Over the years I have tried a few power conditioners and always felt that they stripped the music of its "body," leaving me with a non-involving, non-musical, thin sound.

Because of this, I have only gone as far as a dedicated panel to dedicated circuits, with some above standard electrical hardware. ...and have been pleased with this results.

I recently had a conversation with a fellow audiophile, who also happens to be an engineer, who recommended that I look into the Pure Power line of A/C Regenerators.

He has tried quite a number of tweaks to his electrical supply over the years and could not say enough great things about Pure Power, to the point that he strongly felt that using this (specifically referring to the model 2000) in any standard outlet in the home, would outperform the improvments of dedicated circuits or any other electrical tweaking.

I am considering a project in my home that would move my listening room to a new space. Before I do this and before I bring in an electrician for all of the custom works, I am looking to hear from any folks that own or have owned a Pure Power regenerator.

Please share your experiences, both good or bad. Also, please comment on other A/C conditioners or custom/dedicated circuit topologies that you have compared this to.

Any experiences that you can share regarding APS Pure Power regenerators is appreciated.

Lastly, does anyone know if there is a performance difference between the different models, or do they only differ by their output capacities?

Thanks!
barrelchief
As mentioned, some people have found the 2000 to be a bit sharp in the high frequencies and RomyTheCat (link given above) shows how the voltage output to have jagged peaks. Another guy said his was rusting from the inside.

Other than that, comments have been generally quite good. Certainly better than the reliability problems I've been reading about the PS Audio units.
My 2000's sound smooth and sweet at the high frequencies, not zippy or anyway sharp. They respond very well to air isolation platforms and cone footers. Along with after market power cords.
Hi, I use a PP2000 to feed my Vibex Rhodium Power Filter Block. You have to replace the stock fuses into highend grade fuses ( Furutechs rhodium fuses ). Then it sounds wonderfull. Sweet and full.
I experienced a big difference in sound when I was listening to recorded music during daytime vs. listening at nights or weekend when it was raining. I was wondering if there was something wrong with me, but the difference in treble, like cymbal attacks, female voices and in particular syllables-sounds like S and T where clearly better when listening on late rainy nights. It was frustrating and annoying.

I later found out, that the AC came from two different sources, one from an ordinary power plant generating electricity from fuel-oil and one from a water-turbine, but the water storage was too small to provide water generated AC during daytime, so it was only in use during nights and weekends with rain.

When I installed a PowerPlant 1050 all these problems where gone and I do not experience any difference during the week. Try it out if you have the opportunity, but be aware that you might find out, that you can’t live without it. I can’t.
I found the same thing and everything I used it on improved, even amplifiers mad a difference as the PP units use the battery backup to also handle peak demands so it can usually output a lot more than the actual line voltage/amperage. Amazingly when I had a Mark Levinson 433, and AV Preamp, sources etc AND my 70" Sony XBR RPTV on it even at high volumes my 700 unit read that I was only using low 80% of it's ability!!!

BTW They make a huge difference in video displays as well!!! I didn't believe how much good power improved the video!