How is your power bill?

Recently I moved my equipment to our vacation home south of the border. On average the power bill ran about $12 per month. After setting up the three Krell Amps (fpb 350s and a KSA 150) to drive the Maggie 20.1s, etc. and, in addition to listening to music, starting watching nightly action movies through the system as well. The new power bill was almost $70.00!!

Thoughts? Your experience with this?
puerto
Entrope, your display of ignorance on world economy, the placement of blame, and the defense of the Bush administration is pure political bullshit. This economic downturn, spiraling to god know's where; cannot be blamed on any one person, administration or event. Regardless, of who sits in the Oval Office, or any other elected or non-elected office (Rush Blimpo), the state of the economy would have and will follow a corresponding trajectory. Open the newspaper. Look at the banks worldwide. Watch the unemployment rate. Observe the effect upon governments and public confidence.

To add commentary on "when the clock actually starts on the Obama presidency", is akin to asking at what point the heart surgeon finds him/herself responsible for the smoking, over-weight patient.

Noone knows; not economic experts, not the most successful business leaders, certainly not politicians, and definitely not entertainers and talk show hosts( Bill Maher); what caused this quagmire or what is the most effective way out. The future (attack on the twin towers, Katrina, housing bubble, etc. etc. etc.) cannot be foreseen. Those in power do what they and their staff believe is best.

The economy and world of finances is dictated by such a vast array of inextricable determinants, that making allusion to Obama and the present economy is rife with ignorance and political bias. Why not blame Henry Ford or an Amazonian hatcheting a piece of the forest for today's global weather changes...if they actually exist.

I have no objection to theorists offering thought provoking intimation, but save the you-against-us mentality. This is global...it is real...it ain't going away. Follow this back, as you would any evolving progression. Maybe it was greed, or maybe it was savvy business practice. Maybe it was excessive borrowing, or maybe it was an incredible period of growth. People spend...people build...people are employed. You will be hard pressed to find a period of expansion without consumer involvement.

Drop the Rush bullshit and let's find a way to help those in need, as well as those who fuel the engines.
Siddh you have made my point better than I did.

I did not seek to defend the Bush administration so much as to point out exactly what you said:

"cannot be blamed on any one person, administration or event."

That is exactly what I was alluding to in pointing out the vilification of the previous adminstration(s) and deification of the current one which remains unproven to be good or bad.

I wish that more had your perspective in understanding that the current state of affairs was a "team" effort including both liberals and conservatives. Nobody wants to take the blame so by electoral acclaimation Bush gets it all. So many people find it cathartic to have a single point of blame because it saves them from thinking to much.

Even your mostly well said comments reflect your displeasure at the linking of Obama to a bad economy (true or not). And why a personal attack on Limbaugh rather than an intellectual one? He is only an entertainer not an elected anything. He is less relevant than he thinks he is -much like a pro-wrestler compared to pro boxers. One fakes it for reaction the other really gets hit.

"Bush-whacking" (pun-get it) in this case and Clinton bashing before it really serves no constructive purpose but as always in politics a place to lay blame is better than a move forward.

By the way - how are your electric bills?
As far as I can tell my bill increased 20 to 30 dollars with my class A tube amps. I have added a foam SPF cool roof to my condo,so that dropped my bill about 70 bucks a month. If you have a flat roof home it is a great way to cut energy consumption.
Wavetrader: What is a foam SPF cool roof? A portion of our home in Mexico is flat. It may be pertinent to this thread since it is a way to offset higher power bills due to our equipment.
Hi Puerto,

Here's a link about SPF roofs. You might google spray foam roof contractors Mexico.

One benifit among many is that my condo is quieter as a result. I never thought about how much outside noise comes in from the roof area. The best coating color is white as the heat that is relected off in the summer is amazing...cool summers and the foam keeps heat in and cold out in the winter.

http://www.sprayfoam.com/spps/ahpg.cfm?spgid=7