Zu Dirty Weekend 6 went on sale today

The good folks at Zu certainly know a thing or two about creating hype around new products. The Dirty Weekend 6 went on sale this morning. It was positioned as a first come first served release with a November delivery. I bought a pair with the "supreme" upgrade. A little risky buying without hearing them first, but I figure I can probably unload them if they're not to my liking, since they'll probably sell out. Any thoughts on these or Zu in general for that matter ..

128x128davidrolon

That’s awesome.  That finish looks so dope. Very interested to hear what you think of them.

I’m tempted to upgrade to the Superfly as they have that ready to ship. I will certainly post my very novice opinions on here.  I’m planning on running them in a modest system with an Arcam SA20 fed by the co-ax on a Sonos Port pumping  Tidal. I’m sure my Benchmark Dac/preamp and Rogue Audio Stereo 100 will find there way into running them as well. 

Temptation is certainly trying to get the better of me on the Superfly upgrade.  They’re waiting on some parts for the base model and estimated it would be 3-4 weeks before shipment (Ordered 9/6). 

Thanks for the encouraging response. Got notified today that mine are shipping on 9/23. Fyi, Steve Guttenberg reviewed the DW6 yesterday on YouTube.

Yup. I saw that. And he’s keeping them!  Hard to give them higher praise than that. He seemed to agree that Zu has improved the sound in all the ways they claim.

I’m eventually going to try to get my hands on a First Watt amp. They’ve always been reviewed as some of the best amplifiers for Zu speakers. It looks like from your profile pic you have a Decware Zen Triode—read nothing but good things about how it pairs with Zu for modest listening levels. 

Welp couldn’t help it…

Upgraded to the DW6 Superfly in satin black. They should be in stock and ready to ship. If so hopefully first impressions next weekend.